My new tarot table

gypsylady

So cute! That sign is absolutely adorable!

Tanga

oh here they are........

That table with lights and skull - is wonderful. :)
What does the skull belong to?

...So, this is the reading area I have for my stall... I will use a new custom printed mat for laying the cards, and will replace the Lenormand board with the board of Tarot of Innocence.

Really like the Tarot of Innocence board.
(Oh-oh, gonna have to look more closely at that deck now).

swedishfish612

shadowdancer- I love your stall, too! I would want to spend time just peeking at all of your goodies if I came in there!

Glass Owl

Your table is very cute - I know if I saw it I would approach your table and want a reading! You can tell that you personalized with your own touches and made it your own, I love that. :thumbsup:

shadowdancer

shadowdancer- I love your stall, too! I would want to spend time just peeking at all of your goodies if I came in there!

In the early days, having the stall set up with wonderful card images was what drew people to stop and look. Once they looked, they chatted. Then they had a reading :) Now I have a nice balance of first time visitors and regulars.

Ciro's artwork is always going down well. The Sacred Isle Majors prints are a nice touch, as are the Bonefire cards.
I have to say, no other tarot reader at the festival actually uses tarot cards to make a display in the way I do. I guess I just love the colours and energies that just pour out.

Tanga, there are a couple of threads about the Tarot of Innocence. One is in the creations forum where you can follow my journey of colouring the images and actually putting them together.
The main thread is this one where you can also see some opinions of those who have purchased the deck. http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=238401

I look forward to seeing other set ups. The vibe is always good and I really enjoy seeing how personalities shine through. :)

seven stars

I read at a festival here in Christchurch, and with my set up (which is not large) I still have to make 4 visits to the car. Having said that, it is a stall so I have the opportunity to decorate the walls etc.

I have never done street readings. Not sure what the law would be here on that. Councils can get very funny if they think someone is making use of their space for gain without them also taking a cut if ya know what I mean.

So, this is the reading area I have for my stall. Tis an area only 2m x 1.2m so making use of the small space is important, without cluttering it up.

There will be changes for the next one: I will use a new custom printed mat for laying the cards, and will replace the Lenormand board with the board of Tarot of Innocence.

Very professional looking booth! I love reading inside....it's such a treat!

Every Halloween for the last several years I've read at a gallery in Omaha - it's not a huge space I'm allotted but it seems big because we do it up with fish netting like a big tent & go crazy with decorating. Always tons of fun. This pic is from last Halloween. I wish it wasn't so blurry. I had vintage candle-lit lanterns in it & everything. That's the Samhain Deck of the Bastard I'm holding - this year I'll try to get one with the Red Deck.

Attachments

• me2 906 2014.jpg
    me2 906 2014.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 63

shadowdancer

that tent set up looks fantastic.
A real "come on into my parlour" feel to it :) Are they real candles you use? That is one thing sadly banned at our events. SO much better than electric lighting.

I have the Witchy Lenormand for Halloween ready to go, then the Day of the Dead Lenormand for the week after that.
I think both will work well with the Zombies tarot for that period :D :D

seven stars

that tent set up looks fantastic.
A real "come on into my parlour" feel to it :) Are they real candles you use? That is one thing sadly banned at our events. SO much better than electric lighting.

I have the Witchy Lenormand for Halloween ready to go, then the Day of the Dead Lenormand for the week after that.
I think both will work well with the Zombies tarot for that period :D :D

Yup real candles. Oddly enough I only use the real candles indoors. When I'm on the street they either blow out or it's just awkward to have them there usually, but I do have a cute little color-changing lotus battery operated candle - anything to sparkle & draw attention without being too blingy. You could put battery operated tealights in vintage lanterns at the events & I'm sure that would be fine?