Negative reading

cfish

Thank you for putting your thought!
I might not have taken readings so seriously at the beginning.
First I started to read tarot for others when I had a housewarming party just a couple of months ago. I was wondering if I can entertain my guests by reading tarot, and it was a great success at that time! I read three of them and their future looked, at least, ok. I also said one of them would have a new career opportunity, which actually happened a month later.
So I think I was just happy to take a role in reassuring that the future will be great but perhaps was not ready enough to 'advice' something. Thesedays I feel telling people about their future is too much power to handle well, whether it will come true or not....um...

SunChariot

Thank you for putting your thought!
I might not have taken readings so seriously at the beginning.
First I started to read tarot for others when I had a housewarming party just a couple of months ago. I was wondering if I can entertain my guests by reading tarot, and it was a great success at that time! I read three of them and their future looked, at least, ok. I also said one of them would have a new career opportunity, which actually happened a month later.
So I think I was just happy to take a role in reassuring that the future will be great but perhaps was not ready enough to 'advice' something. Thesedays I feel telling people about their future is too much power to handle well, whether it will come true or not....um...

You are very welcome.

Btw, I feel it is important when someone asks me to read on their future, that I explain before I start that the future as given by the cards is just one possible future they can have. It is the most likely one from where they stand now and that is why it has come up. But they can usually change it if they try. The future, as shown in the cards, is not set in stone.

I always tell the querent this before I begin a reading on the future. And that if they don't like that future I will ask for them what steps they can do to change it to another. I find that it can always be changed pretty much unless it really is in their best interest to be there. And then the cards can tell them why it is.

Also, there are many different methods of using reversals. You can use a different method than the one that changes "positives" to "negatives". I have tried a number or different ways in my day, I never liked that one either, But there are other ways to use them too.

Babs