Can tarot cards actually read other's feelings?

spiritofjosh

I'm sure this has been gone over before. I searched the forum but didn't come off too satisfied with what I read so I figured maybe I'd start another discussion and see what people thought.

But, can tarot cards really read how other people feel? If they aren't physically near you but you ask "how does X feel about me currently?" or "how does X feel about this person?" etc. Do the tarot cards give people answers based on YOUR intuition or does it really have some sort of psychic ability of reading the other people?

For example, say I ask how does X feel about Y and I get 2 of Cups in feelings as just one single card and no surrounding cards. Most would have a similar answer as what the card is saying what X's feelings are. But is this really how X feels? Or is this what Y thinks they feel, even if it's subconsciously? Because in reality maybe X hates Y for a reason they never verbally or physically shown.

Anybody have opinions on how it actually works?

ana luisa

I believe cards can tell other people's feelings. Now, your question about the results being a "projection" of the reader's desire, that is also possible. It strongly depends, imo on how impartial the reader can be and how much focus on the person one can muster in other to show ONLY his/her feelings and not the tarotist's.
If that were not possible, I would not try to contact decesead relatives ;)

Sulis

I don't think that they can but maybe a reader who does think that cards can do it, can do it (if you get my gist). I always focus on the querant, the person asking the question, whether that's myself or someone else that I'm reading for.

spiritofjosh

Thank you both for your opinions. I guess what I'm trying to understand is lately I've been confused on a part of my life concerning relationships, ex behavior etc. I'll get a certain reaction from them which leaves me wondering "are they really feeling this way or are they feeling that way?" and I'll draw cards for feelings and a lot of times (with the help of people here) I get answers that X still has feelings for me but are just holding back or keeping it to themself. So that's why I ask: "did I get these cards saying they still have feelings because that's either the answer I'm guessing or the answer I want?" or is this really that persons feelings for me?

Hope that gives a little more to my curiosity.

DesertDream

I think they can very accuratley! If we can divine much more complicated things then divining someone feelings are just as much especially since feelings are so powerful in the ether!

"Do the tarot cards give people answers based on YOUR intuition or does it really have some sort of psychic ability of reading the other people?"

Cards only have the abilitys we use them for. I think it depends if your objective or subjective sometimes if you pick cards based on your intution but then again the cards are a mirrior of our intutuion as well at times. Good question, makes you think!

spiritofjosh

I think they can very accuratley! If we can divine much more complicated things then divining someone feelings are just as much especially since feelings are so powerful in the ether!

"Do the tarot cards give people answers based on YOUR intuition or does it really have some sort of psychic ability of reading the other people?"

Cards only have the abilitys we use them for. I think it depends if your objective or subjective sometimes if you pick cards based on your intution but then again the cards are a mirrior of our intutuion as well at times. Good question, makes you think!

Mirroring intuition is exactly what made me think. Because my intuition might think or feel something but it can't always know, especially when it comes to someone else's feelings I haven't talked to much recently. I can be hopeful someone has or had feelings for me, and might even believe they do, so is that what is going to reflect in the cards? In other words, if I do a reading about a certain someone's feelings and always do so in a good relaxed mood assuming they do are the cards always going to come out positive when they could really be thinking absolutely nothing for me? That's where it gets foggy to me.

DesertDream

I recommend clearing your mind and emotions and remaining completly neutral as you shuffle the cards as much as possible because i believe our energies can tottally make us choose the cards we want to choose.
Also focus on the intent of a higher power leading us to the right cards and try the mind reader tarot spread here on the forum. Youll have to search for it, its an oldie but goodie.

dancing_moon

I believe that a skilled and objective reader can assess other people's feelings about each other fairly accurately. I'm saying 'fairly' because feelings themselves are a rather elusive and ever-changing matter, and also, it's quite difficult to stay objective when you're reading about people who mean something to you.

And, of course, it's important to look at the person's intentions as well, because sometimes there is a painful mismatch between what a person feels and what they intend to do about it.

DesertDream

Thats why the mind reader is such a good spread. It answers the considered actions/intentions according to the feelings and thoughts of the person! Highly reccomend if you can be objective its the best way to go about it. Your right its hard when its somome of value to you.

PeonyInLove

It's impossible to prove really. Unless there are people who have performed these types of 'feelings' questions and then have actually had their reading confirmed by the actual person who supposedly has these feelings... if that makes sense? So I would say its inconclusive.