Harry Potter: Who had what deck?

LindaMechele

I'll have to keep looking! I think I read it on Tumblr, I hope it's not lost in Tumblr-space. ; -;
Guess what I found? And what else I found? Not sure if the first one is the one you read. And the second most likely isn't either, but how freaking awesome is that? WANT. BAD.

THAT WOULD BE SO AMAZING! I'd love to see my Fantastical Creatures moving, phoenixes and unicorns and dragons jumping around~ Or seeing the characters of the Deviant Moon dancing in the moonlight... Oh man, that'd be so cool! :^DDDD
Oh, yeah. Definitely.

This is way too much fun. I take it we’re not worrying too much about publication dates?
Aw hell no. :cool2:

:joke: :joke: Feel free to disagree with me on any of the above. :laugh:
Those are great!! I agree with all of them. And laughed at quite a few. LOVE your added anecdotes, too! I laughed even harder at them! More, please!

I think Hagrid would have had a Dragons Tarot. And possibly an Easy Tarot Kit hidden under the bed next to the Decameron ;)
Of course! *slaps forehead*

I wonder if we watched the scenes with Sybill if there are cards laying around in the background we could catch a glimpse of? All we need is a good shot of the card backs!
I've actually tried this and I've never seen anything... I wasn't looking super closely though. And I only looked at the third movie, none of the other ones. (The third is my favorite. :^P )
Dang.

I bet the Marauders made their own deck or two! Like the Marauders Map... Maybe they made like a 'funny' deck and a serious deck. I bet Harry would have gotten one of those eventually too! :^D
Oh, YEAH. That would have been great.

All the choices are genius, but this one gave me the first good laugh of the day. (My tummy hurts.)
Me, too.:joke:

Girl Archer

My little fangirl heart is exploding with joy from reading this thread :grin: Dumbledore might even have a Joie De Vivre, it is light on the outside and deeply insightful too. I am going to go with a fun but erotic deck for Sirius, like the Manara maybe? Minerva may have Fantastic Creatures by Lisa Hunt. Luna Lovegood might also have a copy of the Fairy Tale Tarot by Lisa Hunt. Lily Evans might have possessed the Victorian Romantic or Tarot of Delphi. James Potter, if he had free time after pursuing Lily, Quidditch/pranking and classes (in that order) would most likely be an oracles kind of guy. I don't really see him with a tarot deck. An oracle with a fun, but clearly masculine vibes and definitely something old-world.

Draco Malfoy would have something limited edition with gold trim, ostentatious imagery. A deck with mixed leanings just like himself. Like maybe an ultra luxurious Bohemian Gothic or Mary-el. Hermione Granger in addition to RWS and Thoth would probably just for reference read up a lot of Robert Place reading material and perhaps have one Alchemical Tarot deck of his too. The history and symbolism definitely is a Hermione thing.

The Hermit from Vampire Tarot by R.M. Place reminds me of Voldemort a lot. Oh yeah, and Ludy Lescot for Bellatrix. Molly would definitely have a Housewives Tarot.

Who might own the Cosmic Tarot? And, Phantasmagoric Theater tarot?

Shade

Oooh let's see.

Ron would have his parents' old copy of the Aquarian and it's missing about four or five cards but that doesn't matter because he has never finished a reading.

Harry has a crisp new yellow box Rider Waite purchased while in Diagon Alley on his first day of shopping.

Hermione has a copy of the Tarot of Ceremonial Magic and the Pythagorean but professes to have no real interest in as flimsy an art as divination (but occasionally does a quick three card when no one is looking).

Draco has a Pewter Edition Bohemian Gothic and his parents forced Magic Realist Press to add his image to several cards.

Snape has an Herbal Tarot but the cards are very hard to make out beneath his copious notes scrawled all over them.

Longbottom has had six or seven decks but keeps losing them.

Luna Lovegood has a copy of the counterculture Tarot that she occasionally adds cards from other decks into.

If Hagrid had a deck it has been long since eaten.

Sirius has a copy of the Londa Tarot that he gazes at forlornly now and again.

Bellatrix Lestrange skips tarot and goes straight to divination by entrails.

Charlie Weasley has singed copies of nearly all the dragon decks.

Minerva has a perfectly lovely 1JJ Swiss and that should be good enough for you, thank you very much.

Dumbledore of course has a copy of the Mibramig since he authored it.

Tonks has a copy of the Fey Tarot in a bag she made herself out of scraps.

Voldemort has the actual original copy of the Oswald Wirth that came into his hands when he murdered Oswald Wirth himself.

Lareia

I don't have any specific decks in mind, but I could see Luna with non-traditional tarot decks or even oracles. I think she'd be more of an intuitive reader too.

Fred and George probably created joke decks, for example decks that look normal but when you do a reading with them the cards change into silly things or messages.

JylliM

Nearly Headless Nick would have Ghosts and Spirits Tarot.

Professor Flitwick would have something in a mini version.

Luna would create her own. It would be esoteric with plenty of herbs and 'mythical' creatures. Many of the male characters would look strangely like Neville Longbottom.

Rita Skeeter's deck would give her the dirt on anyone she read for (uninvited, of course).

The Minister for Magic would use whichever deck the editor and/or owner of The Daily Prophet told him to. Probably original RWS.

Ginnie Weasley - not sure...maybe Vanessa.

Debra

Madam Pinze, the librarian, has 1423 decks, not counting duplicates. She wouldn't dream of actually using any of them.

There's a Herbal deck stashed in a cupboard in the infirmary, but they don't bother with it.

Firenze reads the stars, but for those lonely nights he's assembled a Frankendeck in which horses predominate, and a few unicorns.

Mr. Filch, the custodian, loves his Soprafino.

The Dursleys wouldn't be caught dead with a tarot deck, but Mrs. Dursley secretly practices Bibliomancy with her King James bible.

Voldemort has the actual original copy of the Oswald Wirth that came into his hands when he murdered Oswald Wirth himself.

I didn't know that Ozzie was snuffed by He Who Must Not Be Named! That's it, then--we're definitely not inviting the Dark Lord to our Solstice party.

Debra

Who might own the Cosmic Tarot? And, Phantasmagoric Theater tarot?

Gilderoy Lockheart loves the Cosmic! He's sure it's only a matter of time before his own handsome visage appears on a card, along with Liz Taylor and the other celebrities.

Madeye Moody for Phantasmagoric Theater. CONSTANT VIGILANCE!

HallowedNight

THESE ARE ALL SO AWESOME!!!!

I bet Luna Lovegood would have a copy of the Chrysalis Tarot, very colorful and whimsical, but very deep in symbolism.

Now, back to that Marauder's Tarot... I bet the Marauders would make a deck based solely on Hogwarts, maybe with like...secrets about the people and places. The Magician would be Dumbledore, the High Priestess probably McGonagall... A full view of the castle itself would probably be the World. So many awesome possibilities!

I also wouldn't be surprised if the court cards were their own animal forms. Big black dogs for Swords, wolves for Cups, rats for Wands, and stags (or just deer in general) for Pentacles.

I want this deck so badly...