How many decks do you guys have?

Metafizzypop

I have around 50 tarot decks, plus a few non-tarot things - oracles, playing cards, etc.

On the one hand, I'd like to have a lot more, because there's so many beautiful decks available. OTOH, I still don't feel I've really come to know the decks that I already own, and I'd like to spend more time with them. Ah, decisions, decisions.

Oh, what the heck. When in doubt, buy more decks. :cool:

JadePixie

5 tarot decks so far, I don't see myself collecting a huge amount, kind of particular about stuff.

illyria

Close to 180 tarot decks. My collection just grew exponentially after purchasing my first deck. :D

SaturnCeleste

How many decks do you guys have?Can one have too many decks?

I learnt that for Tarot, you can learn different things from different set of tarot decks... Same for Oracle .....

But for Lenormand, someone told me no matter what kind of deck design I get, the way of reading is fix and standard, so there is no need for me to get so many different decks...

is this true?

I have 46 Tarot, 23 Oracle and 5 "Other" such as the Un Sun Kurata. And if someone isn't going to read for a business then I think one can have too many tarot decks unless they are a collector, then you can never have enough!

And I agree that every tarot deck (and Oracle) is different and they read differently and you can learn different things from each deck. I have a couple decks that I just have no connection with and others I use all the time. Decks have personalities, just like people.

As for the Lenormand, there is a specific spread you do to read the cards but that doesn't mean you should only have one deck. There are some really cool Lenormands out there! I use the Lenormand spread to read them but I also use them as oracle cards, they work great for that so you're not really restricted to the Lenormand spread. Lenormand decks also have fixed cards, just like in a tarot where an oracle deck can have various cards according to the decks theme, the sky's the limit when it comes to varied oracle decks.

KandiSkull

I have had two decks, currently down to one. I gave my Faery Wicca deck to my best friend when he wanted to learn with me but didn't have the $$$ to afford to buy his own deck. Perhaps someday I'll branch out but I live very simply andtruthfully have not gotten tired of this deck after 2 years of daily use. :D

yannie

Four decks, one of which I have 2 copies of. I find that is enough for me. I was recently drawn to the Tarot Illuminati when I saw it in a bookstore but on further research was seriously turned off by the Asian representation on the deck. & where are they in the major arcana?

You can learn different things from different deck imagery, but really it's about what speaks to your psyche. One deck alone can fit all your needs.

Lenormand are like playing cards to me, so for that, one is enough.

fractalgranny

I have more than a hundred, and this is too much for me. I am at a point where I cannot appreciate each of them, cannot spend time with each. So much that I had an opportunity to buy an OOP and very HTF deck the other day and I passed. I just realised that I would not have time to appreciate it. And some decks I even don't remember I have them, when I see them I am suprised!

i'm sort of struggling with that, too. i have 60 tarot decks i think and a few oracle decks. since i am not a collector, i'm wondering, how many decks can i have and still want to interact with? by now there's a few that i either hardly use and i'm wondering what to do with them. i actually gave away my first deck a few weeks ago. yesterday i came across a paulina - a deck i've been flirting with for years - and didn't buy it. i am constantly reviewing my various wish lists. ideally any decks that i add would really add new dimensions to my understanding to the tarot, or just please me immensely visually. but i really want to have a grasp of each deck i own so that i can use it. so for now i've really slowed down on the acquisition of new decks.

MagsStardustBlack

I thought it said there....yes it does - 2256 + a few in book form.

Quite a few then it would take me 100 years to reach that number.

MagsStardustBlack

I have a modest 30-40 decks.. which my family and friends think is A LOT but they have no idea that you people on here have insane collections... "It's not that many, really" I say.. they just don't get it.