Intuitive Totem Animal Deck Coming Soon

rotipom

Intuitive-painted Totem Animal Deck Coming Soon

Hi everyone,
I've been lurking and soaking up all the wisdom in this forum and loving it. This is my first post about what I've been working on, with the full story behind it on this site :

www.myjourneytotemdeck.com

The animals that I've chosen for the deck are ones I've personally connected to, in person or symbolically. The paintings began as intuitive abstract mood paintings after studying the natural history and meditating on the symbolism. It's also my first step to creating a full-blown Tarot Deck based on a world I've been building.

TG-DECK-TEASER.jpg

Thanks for taking a look :)
Amy

Attachments

• TG-DECK-TEASER.jpg
    TG-DECK-TEASER.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 635

Hemera

Oh, how beautiful! Thank you for posting. What size are the cards - have you decided yet? I love it that they are borderless.

JDusk

Beautiful! I love that your deck has a regional tilt - that makes it stand out more from the crowd of animal decks. It looks like there's even a water buffalo in there? Wonderful.

rotipom

Oh, how beautiful! Thank you for posting. What size are the cards - have you decided yet? I love it that they are borderless.

Oh thank you so much! Right now they are a little over 2.5 x 4.5 inches :) I polled my Instagram/FB followers on borders vs no borders because I had originally laid them out with white borders but it was a 9 to 1 'no border' plea so I changed it!

Definitely a learning process!

rotipom

Beautiful! I love that your deck has a regional tilt - that makes it stand out more from the crowd of animal decks. It looks like there's even a water buffalo in there? Wonderful.

YES you are right! I painted the Water Buffalo when I was in Borneo last year, it's one of my absolute favorites of the set so far! I grew up in the region and I wanted to paint as many of its local species as possible and I'm so thrilled that you noticed that immediately! Thank you for sharing your thoughts! It's inspiring me to lean further into this 'regional tilt'!

xo

OnePotato

Nice work.