The Burning Serpent Oracle; a Lenormand of the Soul

karen0205

I just received mine last week. I looked through the cards and really love the artwork.
I can't wait to start working with them.

daphne

Daphne,

From what I have read so far, the book is not for beginners, IMHO. It does give traditional meanings at the beginning of each entry on the cards. But the majority of each card description talks about the history of the symbol, and mythological correlations. There is virtually no mention of reading Lenormand cards in combination. Some traditional spreads for reading Lenormand are covered, but I feel that the book might confuse beginners.

Thank you, Asher. It seems more of a scholastic book.

BlueLotus

I had pre-ordered this book/deck set from the deck's home page over a couple of weeks ago, but did not get a confirmation from them in this regard :rolleyes: ; just from paypal.

So, as I am waiting for this set to be available and to ship, I've ordered the deck-only from UK amazon, and thank you Le Fanu and daphne for the information regarding its availability there, in which case I will probably have 2 copies of this deck soon.

Now that both orders arrived, I'll have a backup copy of the deck.

I am yet to delve into the accompanying book.

Alta

My cards and book came yesterday but I was packing to go away and now at my sister's. But I went through the cards briefly and skimmed the book. I can see how much that I am going to enjoy this deck and book.

Cocobird55

My cards and book came yesterday. I did a reading today with them -- they are great to shuffle, and very clear.

starla

My Burning Serpent just arrived and I wonder if I might have some guidance from people with where to start in reading it. I have no experience with Lenormand and I haven't yet got the accompanying book. Do you recommend a more generic Lenormand book or one specific to the deck ?(I understand there are some variations in the Burning Serpent oracle).
How's everyone else finding it?

I was absolutely pulled to buy it by the presence of Mercury on the card backs - he's a real favourite of mine - and am looking forward to getting stuck in.

Starla
x

MoonGypsy

My strong suggestion is to buy the companion book specific to this deck...:love:

starla

Thanks, MoonGypsy. Will do that then :)

MoonGypsy

Thanks, MoonGypsy. Will do that then :)

You will be very glad you did, my dear, i am confident to say...:)

It is really beautifully written by Rachel Pollack and while geared for that particular deck,
it is a treasure trove filled with many wise insights that can only increase your knowledge/wisdom on many levels...

manandcards

My strong suggestion is to buy the companion book specific to this deck...:love:

Mine too - definitely get the book for this. Rachel says that you can use ANY Lenormand system with the cards - I'm still learning but Lenormand feels more like a deck where its owner imprints the meanings on the cards stronger than in tarot - but the book explains where they have drawn depth from.

I know that Lenormand shoots from the hip but why go deeper?

Saying that though I've got a set of 'traditional' Lenormand and trying to get my keywords down to match those while looking at the Burning Serpent different sort of experience that I can use to gain a different experience.