chicken qabalah

Fulgour

I found a copy (autographed with a doodle) for $1.50
so even with shipping that's under $5.00 :laugh: Hell, Yes!

inanna_tarot

I ordered this book yesterday from a recommendation a friend gave me.

Cant wait to read it!

inanna_tarot

i have it and I love it! Im now a poultry loving student of unorthodox western mysticism who shall no longer fret, worry or get bogged down in peoples crap. Oh and enjoy the sunshine :)

bloody awesome!

HermeticQBLA99

Excellent book for knowledge on Qabalah, with many parts that had me laughing out loud (IE the essays on the paths and the part about the Ark of the Covenant). He also did a video called "Qabalah for the Rest Of Us!" that talks about alot of the same stuff in the book that's worth checking out http://www.lonmiloduquette.com/qdvd/

Another book I'd recommend if you're interested in Qabalah is "Kabbalah for the Modern World" by Migene Gonzalez-Wippler:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=0738709875/ref=nosim/aeclectic/

It's pretty interesting as she ties in Qabalah with Quantum Theory and other scientific theories.

Hieromagus

I've read it last year, and it has changed the way I look at the world. I've since delved into many other books, building upon that foundational knowledge. I haven't memorized the whole Hebrew alphabet yet, but I use it for reference in much of what I do.

I would call it a must have for initiates.

callistoluna

After 2 years of thinking about reading this book, I finally have! I don't know why it has taken me so long to do so but it is a fantastic read - cover to cover in a weekend! Highly recommended to all those people who don't think they are cut out to study qabalah, but want to know what it's all about and have some idea when other people are talking to them about it.

Rob

I read this book once before, but, inspired by this thread, I just decided to pick it up again. It's amazing how much more I understand with my knowledge now than I did when I first read it. It's wonderfully presented without a lot of the pretentiousness surrounding many discussions of Qabalah.

Yasmin

This thread has a contagious influence. I just placed an order and should have it in a few days. Kabbalah has always seemed so intimmidating so I've avoided learning much about it. Glad to have found the book recommendation :)

Grigori

Yasmin said:
This thread has a contagious influence. I just placed an order and should have it in a few days. Kabbalah has always seemed so intimmidating so I've avoided learning much about it. Glad to have found the book recommendation :)

Have you had a chance to read it yet Yasmin? What did you think?

Yasmin

Grigori,

I like it! It's quite humorous and I've even laughed out loud a few times! LOL The author is able to keep it quite interesting. Anything I've ever read about Kabbalah in the past was quite dry and boring and I quickly gave up but this book is hard to put down. The topic is explained in terms I understand.

Hope that helps! :)