Question regarding clear quartz

DownwardSpiral

I also saw a crow's feather in the street today when I cam out of the MBS fair. I didn't pick it up though as it was soggy and dirty from lying on the pavement in the rain. I don't know what to do next regarding my spirit guide, will see if they come through when I next meditate with the quartz.

Also I pm'ed Hemera, so hopefully this thread will go in the study list index if anyone else decides to work with clear quartz in the future :)

When you do your meditation just ask to connect with your spirit guide(s) If you don't have anything specific to ask, then just ask if there's anything they would like to share/show you. I'm thinking I tend to say...is there any insight you would like to share with me? And if I have something specific in mind then I'll add...concerning (lol whatever it concerns here)

Ok last night after I read this thread I was inspired to dig out my clear quartz....well my quartz was screaming for me to get it out : ) So I'll be back to share my experiences so far.

Eyebright

That sounds likes a good idea DS, I will do that when I do my meditation this evening :)

Glad to see someone else digging out their quartz as well! Last night before I went to sleep I tried concentrating on the top of my head where I thought my crown chakra would be to try and open myself to the universe and I got a tingly sensation on the top of my head.

MagsStardustBlack

Your quartz sounds lovely Mags, and I'm glad someone else loves it like I am coming to! When I created this post I didn't think there would be much interest in it with clear quartz being such a common stone, as compared to some of these exotic ones I am reading about!

Interesting what you say about the buzzing and tingling being my 3rd eye chakra reacting to the meditation with the quartz. Before the last few days I would have said I didn't have a 3rd eye chakra, as I don't have any interesting experiences to share like all the ones I have seen throughout AT. I would say I'm psychically nearsighted LOL! Am going to try sleeping with the crystal near to me tonight to see how I sleep/dream.

Also just wanted to add that I asked yesterday that if the spirit thing I have been sensing was a guide of mine could they show me a feather, well this morning when I got up there was a lovely big feather lying on the back doorstep :bugeyed:. I think it is from a pigeon. Also when I was walking home last night from SIL's birthday party a small white feather floated down from the sky above me and landed at my feet lol! So will see if I get any more feathery experiences! Have added a picture of the feather on my doorstep this morning if anyone wants to look at it :)

Lovely feather! Could be a seagul though, or a pigeon, but what a lovely spiritual ''hello''. LOL ''psychically nearsighted''!! Funny :.)) But like the rest of your body it is meerly a muscle that needs worked and strengthened. The more you use it the stronger it will get and the more enriching fullfilling experience you will have.

You want to reach a state of mind during the meditation of total euphoria, i got there only once during a 'silent illumination' heart mantra, its a fantastic form of meditation whether or not you follow in the religion of it all.

I love my clear quartz crystals. Yes as previously refered to as plain'ish but i really feel they hold so much power and work very well with the human mind and body.....

Have you heard of Azurite?? Blue Azurite is very very cool for meditation, but very powerful you can actually feel it vibrate like rice crispies in the palm of you hand lol :.))))

Eyebright

Yes, I did wonder if it might have been a seagulls feather, I live by the sea, so it is a distinct possibility! :D

I had not heard of Azurite, but you can be sure I will be purchasing some in the near future! I got a tumblestone of lepidolite at the weekend and that buzzes when I hold it! Is a very intense and funny sensation.

On the feather front, today I was not looking forward to going to work as I'm feeling unwell, and I asked for a sign from my guide to let me know everything would be ok, and that he/she was here with me. Well when I got off the bus there was what I can only describe as a feather trail leading up the slope to the work entrance! There were feathers dotted all over the place and right by the door there must have been 10-15 small fluffy feathers. It brought tears to my eyes.

On the subject of my cold, when I first started working with the quartz I noticed I developed a tickly cough, and an "itching" inside my chest. I wondered if it could be the quartz as I was meditating with the sphere on my chest. Then this morning I woke up with a full blown cold :( I thought it might be from working with the quartz, but now I'm wondering if it was keeping the cold at bay, as yesterday was the only day I didnt manage to meditate with it, and then bam today the cold is at full force...want to try and meditate with it in a minute see if it helps to ease my cold.

Padma

Sometimes, when crystals heal you, they bring to the forefront anything - physically or mentally - that may be holding you back from becoming better...it's sort of like a healing crises, when everything must get worse before it can get better. Or, the crystal is trying to get your attention to focus on the fact that your immune system is low, and that you may be over-worked and tired...so it is trying to heal by showing you what the problem may be? Dunno, just some ideas ;)

really, really cool about your feather trail...how wonderful for you that you have such a faithful and expressive guide!

Eyebright

My guide is probbaly just glad I finally started talking to him/her!

This is all so new to me. Interesting what you say about healing crisis, and it being an area I need to work on. I'm wondering if my throat chakra and probably my heart chakra are blocked or something as I have issues with self-love and expressing myself. Definitely food for thought!

Another thing I need to look into is the yin yang symbol, as I keep seeing and hearing it mentioned in the most mundane and unexpected places. So I'm wondering if there is significance for me, a message or something I need to learn! It's all so exciting at the moment :D

DownwardSpiral

My guide is probbaly just glad I finally started talking to him/her!

This is all so new to me. Interesting what you say about healing crisis, and it being an area I need to work on. I'm wondering if my throat chakra and probably my heart chakra are blocked or something as I have issues with self-love and expressing myself. Definitely food for thought!

Another thing I need to look into is the yin yang symbol, as I keep seeing and hearing it mentioned in the most mundane and unexpected places. So I'm wondering if there is significance for me, a message or something I need to learn! It's all so exciting at the moment :D

Just a few comments here : ) While I was working with at least 3 different crystals (one at a time but one after another) I noticed I kept coughing, sometimes my throat would feel dry or irritated. But I never got an actual "sore" throat or a cold. LOL I was getting nervous as a persistent cough is one of the signs of throat cancer. Well I can say each of these crystals were associated with the throat chakra and this was more than likely a sign of clearing that chakra...or a sign telling me I needed to work on my communication. I can't remember what crystal I moved onto but the cough just went away.

With the yin yang symbol I would say yes this is a sign : ) More and more I ask to receive signs from the Universe/my guides and it's the out of ordinary stuff that catches my attention and tells me "this is a sign so pay attention". Also when something starts repeating itself...just like your yin yang symbol. And seeing the feathers leading a trail to work...that is exciting. I hope your day went well dispite not feeling good.

Something I didn't mention about meditation but will mention here (lol only because I wasn't sure how open you would be to trying things) is that you can ask your third eye chakra to open as well as your crown chakra (which I see you did) I've also read that you can open your throat chakra as well to receive communication from spirit. I know that (the throat chakra) sounds funny but I've actually seen that written as far as receiving visions.

Ok I still need to share my experiences.......

My clear quartz is one of the first crystals I bought. It was part of a crystal "kit". But other than trying to scry with it...it's just been sitting in the box it came in : ( So the other night I took it out and decided to meditate with it. I placed it on my chest as well...to see if I would get a similar response as Eyebright. I began to get the palpitations and then noticed it was very black. LOL then I could feel the pressure in my forehead. I've meditated with crystals before and felt some pressure in the middle of my forehead....but this was my whole forehead. Almost like someone was sitting on it. Then I could see movement and realised I was falling. This is always so strange to me because sometimes I can't tell if I'm moving up or down...this was a very noticable down. Then I started to see color : ) I'm really not sure what I was looking at but to me it looked like plants...somewhere out in the wilderness maybe. LOL I was more focused on the colors. Beautiful reds and blues...what looked like tiny flowers amongst the bushes. I have no idea where I was. Anyway I started to get tired and so I put my crystal in my pillowcase and went to sleep. No dreams but I did toss and turn alot. I took it with me to work the next day and although nothing significant was going on....OMG I was irritated. I don't want to say it was the crystal but definitely not a good choice for any calming effects. Yesterday I took it to work and put it with some howlite...I felt much better. I've put it in my pillowcase for the last three nights but still no dreams....not that any of my crystals so far have had an effect. I didn't ask for any signs yesterday but this did stand out to me.....while I was delivering my route I noticed this butterfly...what looked like solid brown but the whole edge (1/4 inch) of the wings were a bright yellow. Then almost two hours later I saw the butterfly again on the next block over. I was almost finished with my route when I started thinking about that butterfly....and then there it was again. And this was 4 blocks down and one block over. I can't help but wonder if that was the same butterfly. I've never seen a butterfly with those colors/markings and so far I tried doing a quick google search but couldn't find this butterfly.

So those are my experiences so far : )

Eyebright

I find it interesting that your experiences with the clear quartz are remarkably similar to mine so far. I still get palpitations with it, and I feel pressure and sensations across the whole of my forehead when meditating with it. I haven't slept with the crystal near me since the night when I had such a bad nights sleep and funnily enough I have slept fine since!

I don't have anything much new to report as I have not found as much time as I would like to work more with the quartz. I'm still seeing feathers, including one in the corridor at work! My work colleague today who I do a job share with today said we are like yin and yang! So there's that symbol cropping up again. I'm also seeing a lot of magpies, there's a pair that have been frequenting my garden lately, but today I saw 4 on a roof walking to work and when I was waiting for my lift home tonight there was one in the tree right above my head! I find it interesting magpies are black and white like the yin yang symbol, I'm wondering if that is significant...

I will try what you said about asking my throat chakra to open. Interesting about the butterfly btw! Symbols of transformation or some people say the souls of people recently departed :)

DownwardSpiral

I've been wanting to try meditating with my quartz again but haven't had the chance.
That's interesting that you're also feeling the pressure in your whole forehead. LOL after your experience having it in your pillow....I'm suprised you allow it to sleep in the same room with you : )

That is too funny about the yin and yang : ) I haven't had a chance to go look but at the healing crystals for you website some of the crystals are said to balance the yin yang energies.

Yesterday I was off work but today I took my clear quartz along with another crystal and at one of the houses I found part of a butterfly wing...brown with the yellow edge. I did see on this wing little bright blue circles right next to the yellow edge. Hopefully I can find out what kind of butterfly this is. Something I didn't mention....along with seeing the butterfly the other day I saw a grasshopper clinging to the side of a car. I had to walk past it and then past again and he didn't move. Then on the next block I saw another grasshopper on the sidewalk. I see alot of things but never grasshoppers. Today I was crossing the street when something caught my eye...there was another grasshopper. So now I'm wondering what's up with the grasshoppers?

MagsStardustBlack

Did you meditate last night on the full moon?