Soul Cards please help

Tarot by G

Any tips?
I'm really struggling to connect.....
I can't read the pictures well at all....
Why?

Alta

http://www.touchdrawing.com/

This is a straight copy from the touchdrawing site:

SoulCards, unlike their Tarot cousins, have no definitive meaning attached to each image, no manual to look up this card or that card to see what the answer is to your inquiry. SoulCards were born of an amazing form of artistic expression called Touch Drawing, a process which is in and of itself a reflection of the inner Self. Never intended to be divination cards, SoulCards are evocative images meant to bring the wisdom of the Soul into one's awareness. Now distributed internationally with over 45,000 sold, SoulCards manage to find their way into the hearts and lives of people in spite of their unique "stand-alone" format.
Some resistance?

The passion with which they have been embraced stems from the strong, evocative power of the images as well as from the invitation they present to delve into the wisdom and insight of one's own soul. As appealing as that may be, it is not surprising that at times, or with certain people, this invitation meets with some resistance. Here is a way to help anyone allow the insight of their soul to rise into their consciousness.

Here are the 5 Steps:

1. Think of a current issue in your life.

2. Draw a card at random.

3. Gaze at the image without interpreting it.

4. Describe what you are perceiving in the image.

5. Relate what you perceived in the image to your issue.

If you are still coming up empty when you use SoulCards, ask yourself this, "What am I trying to protect or avoid around this issue?" Then draw another card. Odds are, this will get at the real issue and bypass the original inquiry (which may have been a clever smoke screen you created to distract yourself).

Emily

Soul Cards 1 and 2

I've also just took delivery of Soul Cards, packs 1 and 2. I like pack 1 more than 2 but I thought I would get both at the same time.

I've had these cards mainly because they have no writing on, I wanted something different and just for me. But although the cards aren't numbered, if you look in the back of the book, they are all there and numbered so if you decide to write down your Soul card readings then just use the number - makes it easier to refer back to the reading at a later time.

I had no expectations at all of these cards, I had no idea if I would get anything out of them or not but I'm liking using them. I shuffle, I think of me but not anything in particular. Then after I've shuffled enough I take the top card, turn it over and just go on the first impression, other thoughts follow but always go in what you see first. Most of the cards have people on, do you like the card you've turned over? if not what don't you like about it. There are a few that make me feel uncomfortable.

Don't try too hard with these cards, if you pull a card and don't get anything from it - make a note of its number then leave it out for a while, the main box the cards and book came in is to be used as a card frame so put your card in that, at the end of the day put it back into the pack. I pull a couple of cards a day, sometimes I don't get what they are trying to say but I like the card, other times I do get it or the card makes me feel uncomfortable. I do like these cards, they make a change. :)

Emily

Soul Cards

I've been thinking about the Soul Cards for the last couple of days - also been doing my dailies. I just drew the same card for 2 days running, I gave them a really good shuffle too. I think I might take my own advice and put it into the frame to keep out for a couple of days, maybe meditate with it. It is very easy to meditate with these cards and I love the glossy, photo like finish on them, the gloss seems to add a real depth to the artwork.

So who still uses these cards? Do you prefer Set 1 or Set 2? How do you work with them? Do you write down your readings by describing what you see or go on the number of the cards printed in the back of the booklet?

Emily

Soul Cards

Just drew the same card again - maybe I should just change my shuffling method LOL

Actually there is something to be said for not having set meanings for these cards or for not writing them down - each time you draw a card, you see something new.

So you are not looking at the artwork and thinking, this means that or having a set meaning. I think in future I will write the card number down then just give a brief description of the card, that way when I get the same cards over, I won't have previous readings or descriptions to influence the way I see the card at that moment. :)

Emily

Just realised why I've drawn these two cards :(

I've just found out why I've been drawing these two same cards :(

The first card shows a woman coming out of a dark cave, in her right hand she is holding onto a tree and looking at it, it has no branches and is slender, the top has no leaves.

The second card shows a seated woman looking into what I took to be a dark coloured rose. Both cards have a darkness behind them. It is as if she is looking into the beauty of the rose.

In both of these cards it was the tree and rose that caught my eye first.

Now I know why. One of my neighbours is having three conifer trees cut down. I've seen these trees daily for just over 28 years - from tiny saplings to the full grown trees they are now. They are old fashioned Christmas trees, probably put in the garden after they have been used in the house for Christmas.

I've loved these tree's from afar, they looked beautiful in winter and were just starting to get their new growth through. I'm sitting here hearing the tree cutters taking them down and putting them through a muncher and I've cried for them.

EyeAmEye

I wouldn't feel too bad, Lady G, I've had both sets of Soul Cards for the past several months and can't make heads or tails of them either :)

Admittedly, however, I haven't spent a ton of time with them, but I don't really feel a connection to the imagery when I do. That's how it goes sometimes. Maybe with more time you'll connect, maybe you never will. Not every deck is for everyone. Keep working at it and eventually you'll know when to move on if it isn't working.

Tarot by G

I've just found out why I've been drawing these two same cards :(

The first card shows a woman coming out of a dark cave, in her right hand she is holding onto a tree and looking at it, it has no branches and is slender, the top has no leaves.

The second card shows a seated woman looking into what I took to be a dark coloured rose. Both cards have a darkness behind them. It is as if she is looking into the beauty of the rose.

In both of these cards it was the tree and rose that caught my eye first.

Now I know why. One of my neighbours is having three conifer trees cut down. I've seen these trees daily for just over 28 years - from tiny saplings to the full grown trees they are now. They are old fashioned Christmas trees, probably put in the garden after they have been used in the house for Christmas.

I've loved these tree's from afar, they looked beautiful in winter and were just starting to get their new growth through. I'm sitting here hearing the tree cutters taking them down and putting them through a muncher and I've cried for them.

Oh no Emily I'm so sorry to hear that. Geez the cards were spot on though weren't they. Like they were warning you or something :(

Tarot by G

I wouldn't feel too bad, Lady G, I've had both sets of Soul Cards for the past several months and can't make heads or tails of them either :)

Admittedly, however, I haven't spent a ton of time with them, but I don't really feel a connection to the imagery when I do. That's how it goes sometimes. Maybe with more time you'll connect, maybe you never will. Not every deck is for everyone. Keep working at it and eventually you'll know when to move on if it isn't working.

This is what I have put it down to also. I'm just not connecting. I have decks that I've bought years ago that I've only started using now so maybe in years to come I may connect to soul cards haha!

Emily

Hi Lady G,

I am really liking these cards but with 60 in the deck you would think I would draw other cards. If this wasn't happening to me, I wouldn't beleive it but I've just drawn the lady with the rose again and also the new card, a face with three leaves positioned on the left side of her face -I also had this card for the first time yesterday.

I think these cards are telling me that I have the memories of those three trees but there is also a lot of beauty in my garden, I just have to look and appreciate it. I don't know why my neighbour cut down the trees but they have gone and at least I got pleasure out of them for all those years, now I have to move on.

Yes, I've just drawn a clarifier and it does show a figure running to the right which I associate with the future.

Maybe you could just try pulling a card a day or when you've done a tarot reading, pull a Soul card as a clarifier?