The Wild Unknown Tarot - Ace of Swords

Sulis

A stark, white, upright sword stands alone against a black background. The black fades to white and it could even be rain. Behind the sword are 2 lightning strikes, both aimed at the upward pointing sword blade.
Wrapped around the sword hilt and blade in the shape of an upright lemniscate or a figure 8 is a rainbow coloured serpent which has no end - it's eating it's tail although the head is very difficult to make out.

I love this card, it says so much more to me than the regular hand emerging from a cloud, offering a sword.
I've pulled this card a lot lately and one of the main messages that I'm getting from it is that in order for there to be healing, there has to be some pain.
The never-ending rainbow coloured serpent eating it's tail makes me think of a caduceus and so is a healing symbol for me and the lightning says pain (I am waiting for an operation though and have been experiencing a lot of pain recently so that's possibly why I'm getting this interpretation).

On a less personal note, the lightning could be that spark of inspiration, the thought that starts something off, or the conversation that starts something off.. .This is often the 'lightbulb moment' card for me when an idea is first formed or something becomes clear.
The Ace of Swords is often a card of justice and truth too and this image goes well with that.. It could be the sword held by Justice and the lemniscate echoes that.
A call to action, a call for truth but also a card of healing.

Attachments

• Ace of Swords.jpg
    Ace of Swords.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 4,265

Thoughtful

As l look at the Ace of Swords l see the sword as the mind cutting through the darkness. The lightening showing as white, indicating to me a breakthrough from the material mental bonds and an opening up to the spiritual self where all knowledge is attainable. The Sword itself is white, pure and spotless, and tells us that we are a mind born of innocence and the sword being embraced by the snake of many colours, showing that we can use our energy, strength and communication. We have to know responsibility in using our mind in a pure positive way. The snake is in the figure eight denoting eternal life in all its colours, l also feel intuitively that it can mean what goes around comes around, so to be very careful how we choose to use our minds. Used in this pure and spotless way we can then achieve great clarity of thought and triumph over the mind.
l just love this deck its so intuitive for me.

Pixna

In this card, I see a flash of insight -- the kind that breaks through darkness and briefly illuminates everything around it (kind of like a flashlight). The spark may not last -- the way a flash of lightning doesn't last -- but for just a moment, it is accessible to us. The serpent tells me the insights are everlasting, but because the flash is so instantaneous, we may not always remember them. The colors of the serpent incorporate the colors of the rainbow, a reassurance that even in the darkest of times, all is well and will be well, and in that we can find comfort and hope.

Pixna

In revisiting this card, I am appreciating even more what Sulis and Thoughtful said about it. The idea of the "spotless mind" we're born with fits perfectly with this card, as does the concept of "what goes around comes around" (in terms of the rainbow-colored lemniscate/snake). What we think has power and can become manifest, so we must choose our thoughts wisely.

The white sword slicing through the darkness (or standing in front of it) indeed seems to represent truth and justice. This is a solid, strong, powerful sword. In its upright position, it offers protection, like a guard, and appears to be absorbing the energy from the lightning, rather than being on "the attack" (like many other swords). It seems unaffected by the angry weather around it. There's something very noble in this sword -- as if it's saying, "I am here. I have arrived."

Rose Lalonde

I love the ouroboros on this card. As Sulis said, to be healing, there has to be some pain, and the ouroboros, reinforced by the gradual shift through the color spectrum, makes me think of the cyclical nature of things. Neither the good nor the bad lasting forever.

I also like the stark white sword cutting through the dark, as thoughtful and pixna said. It works well for both clarity of thought and purposeful action / conviction after things have been thought through.

From the lightning I get an impression of both danger and inspiration pretty equally. But new ideas can seem a little dangerous with the way they often shake things up, even if it's for the better in the long run.

(I'm loving getting to know my deck along with these threads!)

Pixna

I love the ouroboros on this card. As Sulis said, to be healing, there has to be some pain, and the ouroboros, reinforced by the gradual shift through the color spectrum, makes me think of the cyclical nature of things. Neither the good nor the bad lasting forever.

I also like the stark white sword cutting through the dark, as thoughtful and pixna said. It works well for both clarity of thought and purposeful action / conviction after things have been thought through.

From the lightning I get an impression of both danger and inspiration pretty equally. But new ideas can seem a little dangerous with the way they often shake things up, even if it's for the better in the long run.

(I'm loving getting to know my deck along with these threads!)

Your comments about neither the good nor the bad lasting forever and the lightning possibly representing both danger and inspiration are much appreciated! Thank you for your input -- I'm happy to know you're enjoying getting to know this incredible deck! I love it too!

Rose Lalonde

I'm happy to know you're enjoying getting to know this incredible deck! I love it too!

Thanks, Pixna! I don't know anyone offline with this deck, so it's great to share the interest and the love here.