Jupiter close to earth

New River

i heard that jupiter is as close as it comes to the earth right now.

on Monday it was in the sky close to the full moon and just spectacular looking! i think i heard that this hasn't happened at this time of the year since 1700 something. and wouldn't happen again until 2086.

does anyone know what kind of energy this brings with it and how jupiter's proximity influences our lives?

love, light and hope, New River

AquarianGoddess

Jupiter is the largest planet in the solar system and in the astrological world it's known as "the cosmic Santa Claus".

The lunar eclipse on 12/30 at 8 degrees of Cancer conjuncted (stood right next to) the big guy Jupiter (at 10 degrees of Cancer) and both opposed the Sun at 8 degrees of Capricorn (and BTW, the Earth always opposes the Sun, so the Earth is in Cancer... confused yet?...)

What this means on a global scale is anyone's guess in these crazy times. For most individuals, it was just another full Moon, unless it impacted your chart...then ...expect big things because Jupiter knows no bounds.

Overall, in my view, it's an uplifting aspect that we certainly needed to lighten the mood and it's nice it occured during the holiday season.

jade

my north node is 18 degrees cancer....soooo does this affect me?

in light,
jade

bat51

The lunar eclipse on 12/30 at 8 degrees of Cancer conjuncted (stood right next to) the big guy Jupiter (at 10 degrees of Cancer) and both opposed the Sun at 8 degrees of Capricorn
For most individuals, it was just another full Moon, unless it impacted your chart...then ...expect big things because Jupiter knows no bounds.

OK, i can see jupiter coming (megalomania here we go-i'm gonna grow fat again), but what does a full moon do with a chart? i've heard a lot of people refer to phases of the moon but i haven't got a clue what they do in transits, and this one seems to fall right in between my natal sun (3°30) and moon (16°56)... maybe to far away to sort effect?

tnx
ps: aquariangoddess you are amazing!!!

Alta

AquarianGoddess (03 Jan, 2002 09:46):
(and BTW, the Earth always opposes the Sun, so the Earth is in Cancer... confused yet?...).

I really am confused by that. I thought the horoscope was basically earth centred. It shows how things look from the earth. I mean, none of the planets actually go backwards (retrograde), that's only how it looks from the earth. So how can earth both be in the centre of the horoscope and 'in' one of the sectors?? And how can it *oppose* the sun, when all of the angles are just how they look *from* earth???

AquarianGoddess

Marion,

I understand your confusion....but the Earth has to be somewhere...and it's opposite the Sun. Yes, we do look at the planets from an earth view, which is considered geocentric. A heliocentric view is Sun centered and the aspects can be different.

AquarianGoddess

Hello Jade and a Happy New Year to You!

Your node at 18 Cancer is too far away from the lunar eclipse to have an effect. Usually for eclipses I use no larger than a 7 degree orb.

However, big guy Jupiter will be at 18 Cancer around May-June of this year and will conjunct your north node. This aspect could very well bring some good things into your life.....but please don't hold me to this...there are ooooohhh so many factors involved in a chart that attempting to predict on one aspect is almost impossible. The house where the node resides also plays a part in this transit.

But I'm sending out good energy that all beneficial things will come your way!

AquarianGoddess

Bat,

What sign(s) are your Sun/Moon? I'm assuming they're in Cancer but am not sure.

Oh, and thanks a bunch for the compliment.

Alta

AquarianGoddess (04 Jan, 2002 11:41):
....but the Earth has to be somewhere...and it's opposite the Sun.
The earth has to be in the middle of the horoscope wheel or it doesn't work. If you put it in Cancer, then the middle of the horoscope wheel is a point on a line half way between the earth and the sun. And that point would move and change the angles.
Logically the earth cannot *oppose* the Sun. You can only have opposition if you have a point of reference. Each of the two bodies would then be on directly opposite sides of the point of reference. Otherwise what would *opposition* mean? Anything can be anything, depending on where you are standing.
Horoscopes are earth-centred, or geocentric. The earth has to be the central point around which the others bodies appear to move. All the angles, the horizon (or ascendant), everything, depends on that. If the earth is also moving through the houses, nothing means anything.

AquarianGoddess

Marion,

Calm down! I sense you're getting apoplectic over this....

Yes, the Earth is in the center of the scope (in geocentric) and yes the Earth does move...all twelve signs rise and set each day as the Earth turns on its axis. Any chart is for one moment in time...as the clock moves on, so do the angles.

Check your astrology books...the Earth is always opposite the Sun...and the Earth also rules Taurus, one of the Earth signs.

Please don't get so upset...it's not that important.