Aster's Lenormand Deck

Aster Breo

I've started working on a Lenormand deck with a friend who is an artist. I wanted to show you all the first card mock up and see what you think.

I'm open to any and all feedback.

Thank you!

~ Aster

uploadfromtaptalk1446000402839.jpg

staticfuzz

As a fan of "simple" watercolors, I have to say I like it :)

Marirowana

As a fan of trees, I have to say I like it too :D

No seriously, I love the clear-and-plainness, and I'm curious about your other cards. I also like how it is completely handmade and handwritten, no straight lines.

Usually I prefer the cards without playing card insert, but this is nice and subtle enough.

reall

as a fan of fine artwork must say I like!^^ beautiful tree!^^ print ready!^^ lolz :)
but lineart must be much better! one clean/sharp line so i'm guessing this is just a skech?:))
and if you plan text you should have person with fine handwriting!^^ lolz :))

MissChiff

I love watercolors... I think it is lovely.....

1Eleven

Love the simplicity of this but I'm not a fan of cards with text beyond the card #s. Thank you for sharing.

Aster Breo

Thank you all for your feedback!

It's so interesting how we all have our personal preferences -- some want insets, some don't, some want titles, some don't, etc.

Since I'm planning to include some extra cards (several gender neutral people, as well as some symbols I'd like to use), I've been debating whether to include numbers, insets, or titles at all. This mockup was to see how it would look with those elements.

If I do include them, I need to figure out how to handle the extra cards -- how to title the extra people, how to number all of them, and what insets to use if any. I'm currently looking into playing card cartomancy systems to see if I want to try to expand into insets that match the meanings of the new symbols.

I'm not sure if were even going to offer this deck for sale, or just print a couple of copies for personal use and move on.

Either way, I'll probably post some more art, as we progress, because your feedback is so valuable.

Thank you!

thorhammer

I love it exactly as it is. The linework is perfectly adorable, and the PC insert, omg, so cute!

I ignore numbers very successfully, so don't mind them at all. And the handwritten title is very fun.

Marirowana

I love it exactly as it is. The linework is perfectly adorable, and the PC insert, omg, so cute!

I ignore numbers very successfully, so don't mind them at all. And the handwritten title is very fun.

Copy that :) the sketchy border and the handwriting is just perfect. Very personal.

Tag_jorrit

Lovely idea of original watercolors. I like it except for the card name. As you know, I am a fan of the antique cards and all the old, old ones have uncluttered, accurate symbols that are unmistakable and need no titles. Yours may be the first modern one, besides Edmund's, that I simply must have.