Birth Chart - Where to find out what it means

mosaica

Someone in my family did up my birth chart, my husband's, and my two daughters', but she didn't explain to us what they mean. What's the best place to find out? Should I seek out a local astrologer for interpretation? I'm overwhelmed at the prospect of learning astrology by myself, just so that I can interpret our charts. Is there a good book that would spell it out in a simple manner? What would you suggest?

Thanks.

franniee

also astrologyzone.com is good and astrodienst.com

You need to start by learning the basics....what the houses mean, what the planets mean. It is complex so do things one at a time... Then you can look at your chart and see where your mars is and read about what that would mean... leave the interactions alone for a bit until you understand what the houses mean and the significance of each planet.

I like Robert Hand's books and I also have The Astrologer's handbook by sakoian.

Some of these sites will cast your chart for you and will explain the chart a little for free. So you can go there and plug in your info and soak up what you can.

Do it in layers... so if you are interested in mars - learn what it's significance is and then relate it to each of your charts and see how it differs.... it is a long process.

Starling

I want to thank both of you for the links to those three sites. There is a real weath of information available in them. I went to the site map for Cafe Astrology, and was amazed at what I found there. Frankly you wouldn't know how much they have from what is on the front page. But their site map page is beautifully indexed. Go down to the bottom of the page for the best stuff they have for learning Astrology.

fireflyfairy

Hi

Have you tried astro.com?

mosaica

I'm getting a copy of Astrology for Dummies, which several people have said they liked. It looks like it has some good information about birth charts, as well as for learning more about astrology for tarot purposes, of course.

Thanks everyone!