Frankendecken; Instructions & General discussion

gregory

cardlady22 said:
I am in total awe, envy and despair! Love the standard-sized revamps! How many cards fit on a single sheet?
For the spawn - four, with plenty of space left over. So I think....

cardlady22

Sounds cool. Simple math had me thinking 6 x 13 for the 78.

Wendywu

cardlady22 said:
I am in total awe, envy and despair! Love the standard-sized revamps! How many cards fit on a single sheet?

He fits four to an A4 sheet. We never put more than that on a sheet to allow for the secure lamination bit. Thus - 20 sheets of card. We print card that is thinner than the desired deck. That way the lamination means we don't end up with a brick .. (had that happen with the first Granny Jones ... damn thing is huge!!)

gregory

cardlady22 said:
Sounds cool. Simple math had me thinking 6 x 13 for the 78.
I tried that once for a small booklet thingy. Lining up was Just Awful....

cardlady22

I am familiar with Brick Decks due to putting cards and/or printouts in the trading card game sleeves. :p
My self-created Neopets playing card deck for one. I had to trim some edges off Chronata's Minute Tarot when my fingernails slit them as I shuffled. And of course, my teeny-tiny Ironwing from the PDF.

I made a gemstone reference deck with the lamination pouches, but it has to sit in an index card box.

Wendywu

Also, we nearly always laminate in matte pouches to avoid the credit card look and feel ... Rexel make 150 micron matte pouches which is only 75 microns per side, and doesn't feel all plasticky.

Wendywu

Phew.

'Cos I have no idea .... :)

I don't even really know what a micron is except that our laminating pouches have 150 of them..... we'd use thinner if we could get them over here in matte and at reasonable prices.

gregory

I get Staples for Good Work, and Tesco basic - both 75 per side.

I suspect the 5 mil are like the LOVELY ones Jackdaw* gets in Canada.... Must stock up.... (I use glossy as I have yet to find a reasonable stockist for matte !)

cardlady22

I've been buying the glossy GBC HeatSeal business card size, but I'm going to look into some of the types offered here.