Decks You Wish You Hadn't Bought?

VGimlet

Arcus Arcanum. Many love it, not me. And I love graphic art.

Lord of the Rings. Bleh. Double Bleh.

Unicorn. Even though I don't like it, it reads VERY well for me.

There might be more, but those three popped right into my head.

Debra

gregory said:
Shadowfox.

Ugh.

I should just like to note that GREGORY of all people is posting the name of a deck she wishes she hadn't bought.

What is this world coming to.

Annabelle

Oh, I totally agree about the Shadowfox.

Complete and utter waste of money -- and huge waste of space, too, in that enormous box.

JennyNY39

There is actually quite a few on my "that was not worth the money list"
but my top picks would be:

Hanson Roberts. For the life of me I do not get this deck's appeal. I have trouble even looking at the Magician card.

Cosmic Tribe. Not a prude at all, but too much nudity made me embarrassed to take them out in front of my kids. (Older kids who would tease me and say things like "Mom, you're such a perv!) So I sent it of to Marina...and now it is lost in space!

Albano Waite. It is just too...loud or something for me.

Londubh

The new LS Shaman Tarot and the Mystic Dreamer Tarot. Barbie does shamanism and Barbie puts on a cloak and poses.

YUCK.

Those were both very recent purchases so they are top of mind, I'm sure I'll think of more.

Oh - and the Sacred Circle Tarot and I'm not completely crazy about the very Fairy Ring Oracle, but I'm willing to give it a second look.

*note to self, stop buying photo-shopped decks, you don't like them*

Carla

AineFoley said:
It's the only deck I've ever burned - I had such a negative reaction to it that I couldn't even pass it on to someone else.

LOL! Wow! :)

gregory

Debra said:
I should just like to note that GREGORY of all people is posting the name of a deck she wishes she hadn't bought.

What is this world coming to.
There are times when even I have to speak out. Even the Charmed does not come close. ICK.

I am - like Annabelle - a Collector - so I shall keep it - but REALLY.

Le Fanu

Carla said:
As I like the Osho Zen, I wonder which decks you find spiritual. I'd like to have additional spiritual decks. :)
To be honest, any of them ... I think the Thoth is very spiritual, which many might not }) At least I don't think it is playing the "pure" card which the Osho does and which, I dunno, just puts me on edge. LOL @AineFoley for burning it. I can totally see that!

Grigori

Vargo Gothic. I wanted a little bit of creepy cemetary goodness, I got 78 cards in shades of grey.
Erotic Tarot. It was not readable, and was not even slightly erotic.
Tarot of the New Vision. I couldn't even be arsed looking at all of the cards. After you've seen a couple of cards, the whole concept becomes dull.
Cosmic Tribe. After a quick game of spot the celebrity I was bored.
Kalevala. It was cheap and OOP, but really I was just tricked out of a few dollars and in exchange just have lost a bit of my shelf space.
Rock Art. See Kalevala :laugh:

Carla

Le Fanu said:
To be honest, any of them ... I think the Thoth is very spiritual, which many might not }) At least I don't think it is playing the "pure" card which the Osho does and which, I dunno, just puts me on edge. LOL @AineFoley for burning it. I can totally see that!

Ah. I like the pure card. Thoth, surrealism and darkness in general put me on edge. It's good there are so many decks. If I had only Thoth, Deviant Moon or Dark Grimoire to choose from, I'd have never been able to enter tarot. :) This is an interesting thread.