Lenormands You're Using starting in 2016

greatdane

While I do use all I have and love them, lately I have been picking up
Le Petit Lenormand Noir by Chronata. The black and white images just float and I enjoy reading with it a lot.

What is your fav Lenormand going into 2016? Is there one you're using more than others right now?

IHeartRescues

Well... The Blue Bird just arrived

and I have been looking these cards over quite a bit. (Please see what I copied below for info on release date fm Lynn RA at US Games).

They are beautiful and quite charming too.

They are 8.9cm x 6.2cm. On stiff paper cardstock. Stiff at first to riffle-shuffle and great for over-hand. The man and woman both face to the right. I love the cardbacks. They have an aged look, blue and cream. The images are large and clear. The only 2 that I would change are the Roads which shows only one road, and the Key which shows a heart right next to it and confuses me when i look at it.

The verses are in English by Stuart Kaplan and most are relevant, some not so much imho. I am an inexperienced reader. I need to read the LWB to see whether he mentions how he wrote these. My first deck w/ verses! :) Guess I should mention this on the Blue Bird thread.

Here's what Lynn RA fm US Games said on the Blue Bird thread:

Blue Bird Lenormand- Due Date

The arrival date of this new deck at port is January 8. It will take a few days to clear customs, get shipped to Stamford Ct, and put into inventory. Once that happens, it will be available on our (U.S. Games) website. I will announce its arrival on our Facebook page and I will pop in here too! It typically takes another 4-5 business days to be on Amazon and other vendors.

Thanks again AT friends! Lynn

I hope this prevents too many emails asking when these will arrive Lynn RA :)

reall

:) mostly my chakra lenormand!:))
Piatnik and Gilded!^^ I end up using/or not/ these regardles of time or yr?!^^ lolz

CosmicBeing

I only have one.

Believe it is called "mystical lenormand"

I seem to spoil myself with oracle decks so i have many of them. Tarot.. i've had the same deck for 5 years and just bought lenormand maybe a month to month & half ago...wouldn't be shocked if i end up using only one lenormand deck for years like i did with my tarot.

Shadowling

I just started getting into Lenormand in december so I went a little nuts. I'm still waiting for the two I ordered to arrive.

the only one I have in my possession is The Zirkus deck which I'm using for now.

I'm currently waiting on my Wahrsagekarten deck (which just shipped from Germany yesterday) and my pre ordered Silson deck to arrive. My best guess Is I'll make a switch to one of the newbies when I have a chance to go through them up close.

GoldenWolf

I recently switched from the Mystical Lenormand to the Under the Roses. I think I was attracted to the Mystical because of all the imagery as I to come the Lenormand after years and years of reading Tarot. It seemed to have the most imagery. Recently, I began working through Rana George's book and wanted something more focused on the traditional images to help me. So far I really enjoy it. and have gotten some on point readings. Well, actually, I am still just journaling and working with combinations as she suggests, but am pleased with the readings I get with the new deck.

Grizabella

I've been using Pixie's Lenormand in a tin. I like that it's one of the decks that comes in tins. It isn't the prettiest art work, though. I've found it to be kind of all over the place for art quality. I use the Centennial RW in a tin along with it because both are easy to carry in pocket or purse (or doggie stroller for Gypsy) and I can always easily have a deck with me.

For art, I love the Gilded Reverie the best. I hope to get the mass market edition soon, though. I don't use my special version so often because the card stock is so big and thick, but I do love the art and love the extra card options.

The sweet little Blue Owl I have is also a favorite and I like the Under the Roses one pretty well.

I don't ping off the art work of a Lenormand the same way I do Tarot so I don't prefer a lot of extraneous art and symbolism. The Gilded is done in such a way that the beautiful backgrounds don't conflict with the single image reading a Lenormand needs but a lot of other decks (including Pixie's actually) don't quite get that. The Whip card in the Under the Roses detracts, in my opinion, by having the dominatrix, kinky slant. That brings the "ping" toward a sexual meaning and that isn't the spirit of the whip in Lenormand necessarily. It suggests the sexual meaning and leaves out the leeway.

IHeartRescues

Chronata's Le Petit Lenormand Noir? Yes please

The black and gold edition sounded like a great idea to me-- from 2014. I just posted on that thread to bring it up.

What do you think greatdane? Would you "go for the gold"??

And Grizabella, I LOVE my Blue Owl as well. (But I blinged it up w/ some nail polish to emph what I wanted to remember when looking at them.) lol

greatdane

Actually, IHeartRescues, I love the black and white to perfection, so no, I wouldn't. BUT I think it would look stunning.

If Chronata did another B/W Le Petit Lenormand Noir, I would probably get that to have another though. And still looking forward to the Anna. K and the second ed Victorian Flonz. But I think we have months before either of them are out. I would be pleasantly surprised if we had either available before at least mid summer, likely later.

Aster Breo

And Grizabella, I LOVE my Blue Owl as well. (But I blinged it up w/ some nail polish to emph what I wanted to remember when looking at them.) lol

That sounds interesting! Any chance you could post some pics of how you blinged it up?