Premium German Rider Waite with Pam A crackle brown back and 1909 colouring

CharlotteK

Im soo confused! So I placed another order with the same vendor for the white box, and have asked for confirmation on which is which...hopefully I'll get a reply and be able to cancel the smaller version, Fingers crossed!
Mine have arrived. It is as we thought 😀 White lid ones are standard. Orange lid are pocket. They both have crackle backs. The pocket ones are really nice! I don't want to return or give either away now. The LWB looks fairly detailed. And it's entirely in German. And I have two of them 😂

8e2a01733bf1bf155b2709f86e982a31.jpg

cbadb3620f8d75d1907377e6f6f03c3d.jpg

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Lokismile

Thanks for the info everyone; I Just picked up the orange lid pocket from Amazon.UK

Although I already own a German RWS, this will serve nicely as a travel pack when reading spontaneously for others on the go.

The back is truly outshines the "70's picnic table cloth" look of my others.

Le Fanu

Do the actual cards look like the vintage Pams or just like any other standard version of the RWS? I think it was mentioned further up that the cards are reproductions but from the peep inside the box in the picture they look like standard AG muller ones - although it could just be the colour of the photo. Do you detect anything different in the coloring?

CharlotteK

Do the actual cards look like the vintage Pams or just like any other standard version of the RWS? I think it was mentioned further up that the cards are reproductions but from the peep inside the box in the picture they look like standard AG muller ones - although it could just be the colour of the photo. Do you detect anything different in the coloring?
208eadf95fe0a7dab4d3407e98c685b8.jpg

2e522d0a1fdb802449db312bda52b4fb.jpg

I think my camera is making them too bright unfortunately.

FLizarraga

208eadf95fe0a7dab4d3407e98c685b8.jpg

2e522d0a1fdb802449db312bda52b4fb.jpg

I think my camera is making them too bright unfortunately.

I can't tell, either. They seem marginally paler/pasteler (is that a word?) than the standard ones. Are they?

CharlotteK

I can't tell, either. They seem marginally paler/pasteler (is that a word?) than the standard ones. Are they?
936d025d2c2dd98641b8865e01be6de7.jpg
abf7cac96011bc1f959167f27c77fafc.jpg

Yes i think fairly pastelish. Sorry, I don't really have anything suitable to compare them to where I am right now - others may be more helpful ☺

FLizarraga

936d025d2c2dd98641b8865e01be6de7.jpg
abf7cac96011bc1f959167f27c77fafc.jpg

Yes i think fairly pastelish. Sorry, I don't really have anything suitable to compare them to where I am right now - others may be more helpful ☺

Thanks for all the info and photos, CharlotteK! I'm so enabled right now, I can hardly think straight... :)

rwcarter

I bought one of each item mentioned - two through different Amazon sellers and one from bookdepository. We'll see what arrives when they get here.

rwcarter

All three of my orders have shipped. Now the race to see which one arrives first!

Tibor

I received my deck from tarotworld.com. I knew that the cards would have the Rosicrucian backs but what I did not expect was the copyright on the back of the cards which is rather long [(c)1993,2007 Koeningsfurt-Urania Verlag GmbH] and disturbing. It would have been so perfect otherwise. Moreover for some weird reason 35 of the 78 cards have the copyright on the bottom right corner and the rest of the cards have it on the top left corner (not sure what that was about). The colour of the images is perfect, muted and there is no copyright on the front so this somewhat makes up for it. I'm still trying to get used to the copyright on the back. I can't trim these off because the images would not be even on the front. I will try to get used to the copyright on the back although not sure if I will ever be able to :( (I dunno why they have to make their English editions differently and ruin them like that)