Iris of the Rainbows

dolphinprincess

As a dreamer, Iris has often spoken to me.. She shows up in my readings periodically - but tonight her presence was made quite clear. I just sat on my bed and drew three cards. Iris, of course, was one of them...

No sooner did I leave my room, I noticed the sky had gotten a bit lighter outside (it is close to 9 pm and we are having a wicked thunderstorm). I went to the glass doors - and there outside was a beautiful and perfect rainbow :D

Have you had any experiences with Iris?

I also relate to the tiny faerie in the lower right corner - with the bow and arrow. He is aiming right at the perfectly formed bubble. I always see the bubble as a dream or a goal - and I'm always hoping that little faerie doesn't come along and bust it all up :D :D

dobro

What happened to the rest of the this thread? Was a bunch of stuff lost in the recent site overhaul?

Alissa

dobro,

Some replies that were dated after June 15, 2004 were lost in the recent rebuild. Please see Solandia's Welcome Back announcement for more information.

Good to see everyone back again :)

dobro

What a pity.

Why sabotage a site like this? Bad blood, or just bad manners?

Glad the site's back up.

dobro

Came across this in 'Conscious Femininity' by Marion Woodman:

"In the Tarot pack...Wisdom is always pictured with a rainbow and irises. The rainbow is a symbol of the connection between heaven and earth. Iris, who in mythology is also a wisdom figure, goddess of the rainbow, is the bridge."

So, Iris is both the hope that the gap can be bridged and the wisdom that knows how to do that.

Satori

Iris made herself known to me right away.
I was going thru putting cards into groupings that made sense to me, and well, Iris jumped out.
Apparently she did not like being part of any group.
So, I told her she is her own group and she has stayed put, and I haven't seen her since.

cSpaceDiva

dolphinprincess said:
I also relate to the tiny faerie in the lower right corner - with the bow and arrow. He is aiming right at the perfectly formed bubble. I always see the bubble as a dream or a goal - and I'm always hoping that little faerie doesn't come along and bust it all up :D :D
I noticed that too! But I don't think Iris is going to let that bubble burst. She is a protector of dreams and rainbows. One of those guardian angels that moves things out of the way so you don't stumble on it while you're walking around with your head in the clouds. And if it does burst, maybe she'll blow some new bubbles. That wands she has--could it be a bubble wand?! I bet she's got some soap solution behind her. She looks so serious, but I think she has a few surprises!

Jewel

Since Iris is my card today I thought I would resurrect this thread. Interestingly enough it is raining here. I am most facinated by thte little frong looking faeries holding the bubble in the left upper hand of the corner, he seems so delighted with his bubble, and it is alllllllll his. His treasure. I also like the little gnome like creatures wearing the iris hats. There are so may interesting faeries in this card. Iris seems to be giving gifts of bubles and rainbows, as well as shelter. This seems like a very nurturing card although Iris herself looks a little indiferent. I doubt she is really indiferent, she is busy making gifts, and making them personal. Her outstreched wings show how open she really is, and her nudity the honesty ... she hides nothing. Has no unlterior motives to her gifts, she is simply a giver.

greenbeans

Hm, This card always makes me think of the Hardy poem 'Beeny Cliff'

"O the opal and the sapphire of that wandering western sea,
And the woman riding high above with bright hair flapping free—
The woman whom I loved so, and who loyally loved me.

The pale mews plained below us, and the waves seemed far away
In a nether sky, engrossed in saying their ceaseless babbling say,
As we laughed light-heartedly aloft on that clear-sunned March day.

A little cloud then cloaked us, and there flew an irised rain,
And the Atlantic dyed its levels with a dull misfeatured stain,
And then the sun burst out again, and purples prinked the main."

That is only half the poem but it descends into melancholy after that verse...it is these happy, exhilirated, rainbow-y verses that bring it to my mind.

Jewel

Greenbeans that does really match this card. Thanks for sharing!!! Perhaps the melancholy side reflects to the "reversed" meaning of the card ... as I do not know the poem I don't know, but would be interested what your take on that would be.