Budapest Tarot

Patrick Booker

I once read an account by Rachel Pollack that her dog (I think it was called 'Wonder') chewed up a card from one of her decks. She certainly didn't blame the dog, in fact I think that she attached some significance to the card selected.

Patrick

Thoughtful

How could you say that Gregory my two dogs are wonderful, l had a cat once lovely though they are, who ripped my furniture to pieces and spent more time outdoors than in, only came in for food and to bring in the odd dead creature , oh an scratch some more:grin:
Sorry to side-track mods. Was thinking seriously of getting this deck but the backs would give me a migraine, pity.

Patrick Booker

I once read an account by Rachel Pollack that her dog (I think it was called 'Wonder') chewed up a card from one of her decks. She certainly didn't blame the dog, in fact I think that she attached some significance to the card selected.

Patrick

Found the quote - it is from 'Forest of Souls', and the deck was the 'Book of Doors', an Egyptian oracle:

https://www.amazon.com/Forest-Souls-Walk-Through-Tarot/dp/1567185339

You need to click 'more' in the excerpt in the Editorial Reviews.

Patrick

mrpants

Although I imagine that the leather cases offered at Hermit’s Lamp and the Flornoy boutique designed for the Noblet deck would be a great fit.

ETA: It doesn't fit.

Tarot Sheet Revival

Cards replacement

Well that's quite a record - one week on and my boyfriend leaves the door of my Reading Room open, dog wanders in and chews up the Budapest Tarot. Oh well - it can testify that it was a very nicely done deck...

One of the things I hate is when a card of my deck is damaged. So this is an ID I really want to put in place. I will always keep a stock of replacement cards. So use your decks, don't be afraid of opened doors. There is a solution... :) It's even possible to make replacement enveloppes. My personal demo decks are always in their enveloppe and I find it perfect for transport. The outside ring is a more esthetical parts but I think they could easily be replaced by a stronger one of your choice for a daily use.

mrpants

My personal demo decks are always in their enveloppe and I find it perfect for transport. The outside ring is a more esthetical parts but I think they could easily be replaced by a stronger one of your choice for a daily use.

I'll give this a go! Certainly the paper is heavy enough to take a bounce in my messenger bag. :cool5:

KhonsuMes

What a pleasure to see these two decks! And what a pleasure to have another maker of of such decks in our midst!

Just started the order process.

I had not known of the Place version either, but this Budapest has so much folky energy . Those crossed and blank eyes, varying line densities, vintage colors, and the pointed horse teeth (!) give this one so much more individual character.
Thanks to everyone on the heads up and first impressions of this deck.

The Rosenwald looks good too. Great choice on the backs.

Looking forward to whatever the surprise on the Vandenborre might be..

csmith0406

I received my new Budapest yesterday, and it is really a fantastic deck. Thank you Sullivan for creating something so special!

Tarot Sheet Revival

I received my new Budapest yesterday, and it is really a fantastic deck. Thank you Sullivan for creating something so special!

Thanks for sharing your impressions...
It was a pleasure to do it !
I loved it so much that I decided to start a 100% handmade version of this deck.

Linocut-stencil-italian backs

This process will be shared along the way on my Instagram.

Tarot Sheet Revival

...The Rosenwald looks good too. Great choice on the backs.

Looking forward to whatever the surprise on the Vandenborre might be..

The Rosenwald 2 lasting sheets are nearly finished. This will lead me to make the add on for the T22 but also a handcolored version... More to come.

Concerning the Vandenborre, this might be more complex than what I first thought but I might also inverst a part of work in let's say the belgian patterns...