Dream Inspirational Cards Study Group - Card 33 Reading

Onyx

Card 33 -- Reading

I like this card and how it also seems to connect with "Writing". I like reading for the idea of acquiring knowledge and also for connection with the past. The card image seems to be of a techno-warrior with an old tome where the book seems to be projecting an image.

What it gives me: Tattoos -- There is a permanent life change that comes from reading. Reading changes you and these changes can be lasting changes. Reading allows us to "illustrate" our lives with ideas.

How it will challenge me: Sculpting -- Reading is a solitary action. No growth comes but from yourself. Reading is part of the challenge to become who you are meant to become. Reading can shave off imperfections and polish what is true.

What will it teach me: Benefactor -- All printed words come from a source. You are being exposed to the work of others and you can gain a blessing. Also you can become in their debt and think in the ways that they want you to think.

Reading is an action, which can bear many types of fruit and is not a morally absent activity. The mind and will must always be involved if it is to be done well. What you read and expose your mind and ideas to is a choice that will bear gain or ill.