The Moon and my Moods

jayem

A gifted clairvoyant told me I should check out the moon, since she says I am highly in tune with it. She said the cycles of the moon really determine my mood, and I have noticed this to be pretty true. After some exhausting searches, I haven't found a single good site to give me info on how different phases of the moon can/will make me feel, etc. Any help with this?

If you're feeling kind, and would like to give me more in depth info, my natal chart is posted in the sticky where it requests this.

dadsnook2000

Moon phases

Dane Rudhyar's The Lunation Cycle explores the eight Sun-Moon phases in great detail. Marc Robertson's The Engine of Destiny covers the eight phases between eight combinations of planets, including the Sun-Moon phases -- this book extends the work of Rudhyar. Both are excellent books. Dave

Minderwiz

changes in Bio-rhythms and other responses to the phases of the Moon are well known but it's difficult to be definitive as there are variations in the way that individuals can respond, so don't think that there are prescribed ways in which you must respond.

A good idea is to add a Moon phase widget or website, such as:

http://www.calculatorcat.com/moon_phases/moon_phases.phtml

to your desktop/favourites and use it in conjunction with a diary of your moods and feelings, that would give you a more personal (and thus more accurate) picture of your own responses. It will also help you to decide on propitious (for you) times for certain actions. As well as the actual lunations, look at if there's any difference between waxing and waning Moons on your moods, if there is, then also look for any rhythms within the two 'halves' using sub phases (Western or Vedic.

You were born with the Moon in the first quarter, so you could also pay special attention, each time the Moon reaches this point (it's your lunar return). Your Moon is in an applying trine to Mercury (which was perfected shortly after you were born) and also has a mutual reception by Triplicity with Mercury. As Mercury rules your ninth House of spirtuality, this relationship is quite important.

The Moon also rules your MC, so it has both added symbolism as your Mother and also as your adult self, not just career, but your social and public activities. Your Moon also squares Venus, your Ascendant ruler, so you may find that in terms of your health and bodily wellbeing, the Moon can present challenges.

YDM42

Dave, nice seeing you by the way, but those book seem heavy duty reading, and besides charting your moods as minderwiz suggest, would there be any simple writings concerning the impact the moon has on moods.

There are some nice free mood tracking softwares out there, i would do a google search for one that i could work with and then just remember to note the moon phase on each entry.

dadsnook2000 said:
Dane Rudhyar's The Lunation Cycle explores the eight Sun-Moon phases in great detail. Marc Robertson's The Engine of Destiny covers the eight phases between eight combinations of planets, including the Sun-Moon phases -- this book extends the work of Rudhyar. Both are excellent books. Dave

dadsnook2000

For YMD42

With real needs and less astrological ambition, I do believe that some form of software would be more useful to you then studying. Reading and studying books is only part of the process. As Minderwiz pointed out, tracking the phases, the Moon's return to its natal position, the Moon's return to the same phase-aspect relation it had with the natal Sun, and reviewing those charts to see which natal planets were highlighted by the Moon's position does require some work for an early-studies student.

I have a program called Lunabar which I downloaded from, perhaps, an Australian site several years ago. It is really an almanac with Sun and Moon positions, sign information, phase information, and exact positions of the Sun and the Moon at the time you use the program. It gives sun rise/set for your location as well. Perhaps you can "google" it or someone can point you to the source. Dave

YDM42

I use luna bar also.

Queen Hippolyta

It has been well known that the moon effects many a people. There have been thousands of books on the subject.

Why just last month, during the full moon my nut case neighbor went all psycho on me and attacked me!! Now we are going on the Harvest moon of September and I am almost afraid to go outside. I am afraid she will go off her rocker again. I need a cattle prod to go near her.

The moon phases are not so bad once one gets used to them. The bad part is how they affect everyone else and how they react. That is the scary part.

214red

i always watch the moon cycles, originally it sounded mad, but it saved me alot of arguments and other random behaviour, sometimes i am just not rational leading up to a full moon

Libra8ca

I find that I feel more down and depressed around the time of the new moon and more energetic and upbeat around the full moon. Perhaps some people become too energetic at that time ;)

dadsnook2000

Interesting possibility

It would be interesting if those who post on this list would note THREE MOON POSITIONS; Natal moon return, natal full moon return, the same angular relationship between natal moon and natal sun. These are not the same as the monthly new moons and full moons ---- situations which apply to everyone.
Dave