"Charles VI" in Brian Innes/Margaret Starbird

Cerulean

Just fyi, I was disappointed in the reproductions.

I did add the authors to my collection--but I don't have an opinion or comment about these two authors yet. I do have an opinion on the reproduction cards they used--they feel different than the old images that I see in Ferrarese art. I bought the books to investigate their images of the Ferarra cards, named Charles VI. My hope was that the reproductions would feel like the museum or art reproductions that I really like from Italian decks.

Tarot Trumps & the Holy Grail, where Starbird mentions she took Charles VI cards by permission from the collection of Brian Innes.

Tarot by Brian Innes with Charles VI cards for illustrations.

I believe that I found their Charles VI reproductions, which do not look like the real antique cards pictured in the Art of the Tarot by Christina Oleson or the Italian catalogues of various Ferarra and D'Este decks.

TarotGarden.com has the same French Charles VI recolored reproductions done in the 1980s. I also found a Dover book with recolored line drawing reproductions and colored reproduction of the Charles VI cards...these pastel and line reproductions just look different to me than the historical card images.

I don't quite know what to say...except I had found two old Christina Oleson giftbooks and made my own mini 'deck' of the old cards until I see Lo Scarabeo's new reproduction in 2004.