jewel22

Large format and poker size together
f5097877e2acb9eb36c8cf08cc08b558.jpg

Large format
eefb198dd1dc404b189e1c642251b221.jpg

Poker size
b1243e001932135de3605fcd5fedc0f7.jpg

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Thank you for taking the time to share the pics Charlotte! :)

euripides

Thanks for the images, Charlotte. Being borderless & with simple titles they do seem to work well small.

Lee, find some more images online and have a good browse. I find there's always one or two cards in any deck that don't sit well with me, but the main thing is that the majority are good. And that the minors aren't 'lazy' - for me minors are every bit as important as the trumps, I don't like them being treated like second-class citizens.

Dee Ell

Here's some more images of the deck for anyone interested - the top row are some of my faves from the deck and the next 2 rows are just some cards in order from the majors and minors:

Attachments

• IMG_20170114_121519.jpg
    IMG_20170114_121519.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 1,176

Lee

Thanks Dee Ell for the pictures!
Lee, find some more images online and have a good browse. I find there's always one or two cards in any deck that don't sit well with me, but the main thing is that the majority are good.
Yup, I've scoured the 'net and seen as many as I could see. Another area of concern for me is the gender balance - females for Fool, Magician, and Hermit make the deck seem tilted toward the feminine. I can completely understand Jeri's choices given the deck's intended audience being her young daughter. Not a criticism of the deck at all - just wondering if it's right for me. As we all know, we are notoriously picky. :D

jewel22

Yup, I've scoured the 'net and seen as many as I could see. Another area of concern for me is the gender balance - females for Fool, Magician, and Hermit make the deck seem tilted toward the feminine. I can completely understand Jeri's choices given the deck's intended audience being her young daughter. Not a criticism of the deck at all - just wondering if it's right for me. As we all know, we are notoriously picky. :D

Hi Lee,
I would be glad to send you any images in pm that you may be interested in,
I don't usually like to put photos of the full deck,
or high resolutions on the web for piracy issues.

But I will say that if you are hesitant,
and you are not sure that you will like the deck based on the photos that you have seen so far,
then it may not be the right deck for you....
I would hate for you to purchase it and find out that is doesn't resonate with you. :(

It is a more feminine deck... well, because i am female :) :)
I live on the coast of Florida so all my art seems to have more blue, turquoise, green hues...
I tend to create what I am surrounded by...
and that is the beautiful gulf of Mexico!
So my art does have a more feminine feel/vibe to it. :)

CharlotteK

272b13dda626f8fc0229b6313db23ac9.jpg

Le Fanu mentioned the leaves/foliage that frames many of the cards. It's a very nice touch. There are also lots of horses, birds and archways, if you appreciate that kind of thing.

I like that there's no nudity. I don't have a problem with nudity at all, but it's really good to have a deck like that. Devil and Death have been renamed Materialism and Transition too, which was perfect for a friend I read for who was a but freaked out by the prospect of getting the Death card. Hanged Man is Transition.

I especially like the Tower, it contrasts with the rest of the deck and stands out in a reading, as it should.

709ea9ac44420479cf827977b4904e14.jpg

I also like the female Magician and Hermit, it's a bit unusual and gives a different slant. There are still loads of blokes in it though :)

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Barleywine

I noticed this too, right before I saw your post. This doesn't really bother me since I pay attention to symbolism more than representation. What did strike me, though, is that when viewing a number of cards together, I see a certain "sameness" in what look like "posed full-length portrait" scenes. The "distance" in the views seems nearly identical and so does the background setting. I have these issue with the court cards in many decks (they sometimes seem like "cookie-cutter" images with different costumes and hair styles). But, as I said before, all that "blueness" does feed my Maxfield Parrish fascination, and I might buy it just for that.

Le Fanu

I too have often had reservations about overly feminine decks and this one doesn't feel like that to me. Either I have changed and it no longer bothers me that much, or the deck isn't really that feminine. It certainly isn't something I notice in this deck. I honestly don't think there is a gender imbalance in the cards but I'd need to count. Possibly with all the elegance and frilliness and gestures and poise it might feel old school feminine but I honestly don't get that vibe. Then again the Delphi is considered feminine and I love that too.