The Dark Self - spread.

rcb30872

Hi Elven

Admittedly the reading didn't turn out as planned, but the other person seemed to like it, thanked my profusely, and will sit with it for a bit longer to get proper feedback to me.

:love:

Bec

Enchanted

Just what I was looking for!!! Thanks Elven! :) Shame I didn't see this spread earlier really but it may just be the perfect timing.

I have been told that July will be a "devil" of a month for me. So I thought what better way to work through this month than to get down and dirty with it. Look out darkness I'm coming in! :D

I hope to try this one out tomorrow so I'll let you know how I get on with it.

Enchanted

I tried this spread out over the weekend and really got a great reading from it. It really seemed to flow very well and I like the addition of the seventh card and its position meaning. The seventh card read very well combined with the sixth card.

While not going into the actual cards, the spread allowed for a very interesting interplay between dark and light and really made me understand completely for the first time (der!!!) how necessary it is for the two to work together and that without the dark, there is no light and vice versa. Something clicked for me anyway. :)

I'm not sure if I would use it for others, unless specifically asked, but as a spread for understanding and working on yourself it is really great!!! Thanks for sharing your spread. :)

Elven

Bec - thankyou for your personal deep insight into this spread. What you thought and how you were able to work with it was fascinating.

Enchnated - thankyou for letting me know how this spread has helped - I know what you mean about reading it for someone else - it is essentially very personal, and one of those spreads which can be easily overlooked until something with in allows you to open up and go there - otherwise I think some of the 'light' can be lost amongst the darkness - it can be confronting - but exposing the darkness can be an awakening - even if the conscious self just gets a whiff of whats going on and what the cards are trying to relay - the message is never lost with us, even if we choose to disregard or not see it as clearly as we are able. But from what you mentioned - you were ready to confront, look and explore :)

Im glad that you could look at the spread and take time to use it constructively for yourself. Many Blessings for you on your journey.

Elven x

Enchanted

Thanks Elven, blessings for you too! :)

It was a confronting spread and took a few days to pluck up the courage to actually do. In the time leading up, I did find myself trying to prempt what it might say as some kind of buffer.

Funnily enough, clear as day, smack you in the face obvious, it was the second thing I had thought of and not the first, which I was expecting. Which proved interesting in itself.

It was a fascinating spread to do and I got a lot out of it. For anyone interested in going down this road, this spread is fabulous for it. :)

Elven

Hi Enchanted :)

Thankyou .... ;)

Blessings
Elven x

Raya

I liked your spread a lot, but it surprised me. I expected it to show something more.... well, dark about me. Some hidden evil or something, but instead it showed me what I´m doing and thinking that´s making me the most unhappy. Is this what you intended? Maybe the powers that be just felt it is more important for me to understand that at the moment.

Kenny

I have not used this spread for a reading yet, but plan to. However the layout of cards to me seem a bit off.

Reading the card descriptions have given me two ideas
**5**
6***7
**1**
3***4
**2**
The idea behind this one is the central darkness is central to the reading, the dark cards are below. The light cards, those to help you are above you, allowing you to aim higher away from the darkness.

**2**
7***3
**1**
6***4
**5**
This is the one I seem to like more, again the central darkness is central to the reading. The dark cards are to the above and right, the light cards to the below and left ending with The Key to Release; the first step on way to release, hence ending the circle.

Whatcha guys think of these layouts?

Clementine_webb

One more card

Hi rcb30872, how about crossing one final card over the one in the middle.
Call it, how, or advice or guidance?

P.S. Elven, I haven't tried it yet but it I can't wait -- it looks like a great spread!

rcb30872

Clementine_webb said:
Hi rcb30872, how about crossing one final card over the one in the middle.
Call it, how, or advice or guidance?

P.S. Elven, I haven't tried it yet but it I can't wait -- it looks like a great spread!
That sounds like a great idea!! I wonder if that would work, what say you Elven?