21 Ways To Read A Tarot Card -- Step THREE

nicki

thank you all for your encouragement, I struggled abit with step 3 but then all of a sudden it started coming together, I am really enjoying this study group and will hopefully have my book by the end of the week.

nicki

Jewel

For Punchinella

Reading your Step was like reading poetry. Very beautiful descriptions, I could fell the wind blow, the sun on my skin, and smell the flowers. :)

punchinella

Jewel said:
Reading your Step was like reading poetry. Very beautiful descriptions, I could fell the wind blow, the sun on my skin, and smell the flowers. :)
Thank you Jewel, but I just realized rereading this morning that what I wrote, esp. in #3, made absolutely no mention of emotion :laugh:

I guess for me the various scents & memories are so implicitly emotional that it didn't occur to me until now that the point was to actually talk about emotion :joke: :joke: :joke:

Jewel

punchinella said:
I guess for me the various scents & memories are so implicitly emotional that it didn't occur to me until now that the point was to actually talk about emotion :joke: :joke: :joke:
Well you can always post about those emotions now :D I would love to see if they mirror mine!

faunabay

step 3 - Universal Fantasy - Knight of Swords

3:1:1 It's a very bright sunny day with a few clouds in the sky. The wind is blowing because the flags and the hair on the woman and horse are blowing around. The horse seems to be quite proud to be walking along. His head is up, neck arched, while he's lifting his feet saying "Aren't I special?" The woman riding the horse is quitely confident. She knows she is up for any type of conflict or situation. The whole feeling of the card is of hope and excitment that comes before a conflict. Things may get messy and dark coming soon, but because of the warrior woman's quiet confidence you know things will eventually work out the way she wants them to.

3:1:2 The day is very bright and sunny. I can feel the sun on my face and the wind in my hair. I see the flags and my horses mane blowing in the breeze as well. I hear the flags snapping as the wind whips them around. My horse is so proud to be here. His head is up and he's lifting his legs quite high as to say "Look at me! Aren't I special?" I am quietly confident. I know I'm up for anything and can handle myself in any conflict or situation. I feel the hope and excitement that comes before a conflict. I know things may get messy and dark soon, but because of the confidence I have in myself I know things will work out the way I want them to.

3:1:3 When I visited my Aunt and Uncle in Arizona almost 2 years ago and first realized how bad my Uncle's alzheimers was getting I decided to move closer to them. I knew it would be hard but I felt such hope and happiness that I would beable to help someone who had been there for me my whole life. Well the reality was MUCH worse than I imagined because my Uncle was no problem. It was my Aunt throwing spoiled little me tantrums because things weren't/aren't the way she wants them to be or the way they used to be. It's taken almost a year of us living together but things are beginning to calm down. The sun has not come out completely again but it is peeking!! :) I did lose my confidence there for a while but it's coming back finally.

OK Jewel, you were RIGHT! Do you hear??!! You were right. I'm admitting it publicly! This is pretty amazing stuff!! :* :D

aurorarose

Rider-Waite Temperance

3:1:1
It is warm and there is a breeze. The woman is concentrating on the water flowing between the cups. She is not really paying attention to anything else, like her toes in the water or the on the grass. Her body is calm and relaxed. Her wings are almost independent of her body stretching reflexively, like the way you breach unconsciously. The way she is grasping the cups seems like there is something very significant about what she is doing. The daffadils are happy and laughing. The mountains are ominous.

3:1:2
I feel the warmth on my back. I am concentrating on the water flowing between my cups, I can't lose a drop. My toes feel something, but I need to focus on what is front of me. I know there are things going on around me but I can't be bothered I have to do this work. I can't pay attention to the beautiful flowers or worry about the mountains. I know there is a path to go on, but it is rocky. I have bare feet and it will hurt to walk on it. Better to use my wings, they are strong and powerful and I can fly very fast. I am glad I am wearing a comfortable dress, time to roll up my sleeves and get back to work.

3:1:3
I often feel this way towards law school, that I have to put everything else aside and only focus on my school work and studying. Sometimes I feel okay about this, sometimes I don't. Sometimes I let myself become distracted, sometimes I need the distractions as a release. The distractions are always there. Being that I just finished school for the year, I am finding myself a bit overwhelmed with the distractions, I can do whatever I want now. So in a way now I am looking for a structure, something to focus on. Back and forth, back and forth. I wonder what it would be like to move beyond this cycle.

Jewel

faunabay said:
OK Jewel, you were RIGHT! Do you hear??!! You were right. I'm admitting it publicly! This is pretty amazing stuff!! :* :D
OK so I am going to revel and relish this moment as you have publicly acknowledged that I am right as say with pleasure "I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!!!!!!" *ROFLMAO* :*

Seriously I am glad to see that you are seeing the benefits of working with 21 Ways this early on into the Steps. If you think this is something ... well you have seen nothing yet!

Jewel

aurorarose said:
I wonder what it would be like to move beyond this cycle.
Hi Aurorarose, I was very touched by what you are experiencing and feeling. I was worked full time while attending graduate school and know exactly what you feel. All I had time to do was work and study or study and work. It compromised many parts of my life, which later once I finished I had to re-balance. It also tought me what my real priorities were and what I was not willing to risk again. It made me a much stronger person.

Beyond the cycle, at first, there is a void. One which you will fill with hobbies of one sort or another ... tarot is a good one :D You will look back at this part of your life with pride, and be so glad you did what you had to do to complete it successfully, but will have no regrets that it is over and you can reclaim your life so to speak.

Beyond this cycle lies pride, satisfaction, and an opportunity for you to finally share yourself with the rest of the world. Stay strong and chin up!

missycab

Step 3 - Tarot de Marsella - Le Pape

I couldn't take this step earlier, because I've been ill... it's flu time over here, and this year I caught it...

3.1.- The emotions I see depend on the characters involved. The main character, the priest, seems benevolent, calm, yet superior in some way to the monks. He also seems wise. Meanwhile the monks, show respect to the priest, they admire him. I'd also say that a emotion or quality reflected in this card is order, jerarchy, one is above others, but not in an oppresive way.

3.2.- It's another day in this palace. I sit in my throne, as usual, waiting for the younger monks to come and kneel before me. Here they come! They are young and eager to learn. They seek me for advice, they know I've struggled a lot to became who I am, and I've leaned so many things to achieve this. My words confort these young people. And that feels good. That's the good thing about this daily routine: the reward of helping others.

3.3.- I relate the feelings of this card in how I see myself. I'm still young (I'm 24), but I feel a lot "wiser" than some years ago. Things that worried me, now they don't. And that knowledge is useful when I give advice to other people, especially my younger brother. I feel a bit more confident, less worrying. I'm a much more calmed and centered person.

Jewel

Missycab, hope you get to feeling better. I loved your last exercise and how you relate the card to maturing and sharing wisdom with your brother.