The Churchyard Spread

Flavio

Regarding the Fool: He works as a significator and also as a mark? I understand we are not suppossed to read Fool's interactions with left and right cards, only use him to know were are we in the journey, is it right?

Imagemaker

That's the way I understand it. And I agree with Alissa, normally I never do big spreads. This one is more like looking at a story.

If my Fool had come anywhere but #1, I could have evaluated whether the other cards represented my past travel accorately. But as it is, I can only be at the cliff's edge, leaping.

Necromancer

nice

nice one thanks a million this is now in my tarot book

maulster

a frined of mine came to me the other day and asked if she would get the job out of state so i throw down the spread as the yes/no and the fool came up at the end of the spread and told her without a doubt you'll get the job and the next day she got the job. now my friend is gone. :(

nodntap

Two Fool's

If you have two of the same deck you might want to try the Graveyard spread with two Fool's.

Lay the Fool from the second deck out then do the spread as outlined and add this 2nd Fool as the spread indicates.

If they come up one after the other just read the spread as normal [not likely but possible].

If they are separated the cards in between may indicate things you can't see, are afraid to face, things that are hidden, etc.

If both Fool's don't come up then no harm - no foul. Read the spread normally.

This would be an excellent spread for 'card counting' and 'card pairing' starting at the location of the Fool and moving in the direction he's pointing for card counting.

<Content removed per administration. No website listings.>

Don S.

Apollonia

Great spread! I just used this spread to break in my new Goddess Tarot deck (actually, I've owned it for several months, but it was having a time out in the incense jar due to its objectionable odor), and the results were fascinating and right to the point! I think I may have a new favorite spread for certain questions! Thanks, Destiny!

Kit

Brilliant!!! But why is it called the Churchyard Spread? It is an interesting name...

Wisp Wings

A stand-in Fool for you

nodntap said:
If you have two of the same deck you might want to try the Graveyard spread with two Fool's.

Lay the Fool from the second deck out then do the spread as outlined and add this 2nd Fool as the spread indicates.

If they come up one after the other just read the spread as normal [not likely but possible].

If they are separated the cards in between may indicate things you can't see, are afraid to face, things that are hidden, etc.

If both Fool's don't come up then no harm - no foul. Read the spread normally.

Don S.

Hi Don:

I was just thinking for people without two of the same deck and would like to try out your suggestion of the two Fools, they wouldn't have to own two of the same deck, as there is a way around this. Just do the spread as you said, but where you would be adding in a second Fool from a duplicate deck, don't worry about having one to do this with. Predetermine that you are going to have two Fools and both hold equal value. Use it as you suggested in the meanings for if and when/if both appear, only instead of having a second Fool card, don't. Since it isn't to be read as one of the cards themselves, but rather as a marker, just use one of the 'cover' cards that always comes with a deck to represent the additional Fool card. This way anyone with a single deck wishing to do this can do so.

Just remember that for this use, the true Fool card doesn't hold more weight nor does which one falls first. Later remove the 'cover' card from the deck and keep it as you normally do.

Kath

I did this spread for a friend of mine who is going through a bit of a rough patch. She still has a long journey to go, but the cards came up to warn her about underhanded action and backstabbing in the near future.

She called me last night, and it seems the old 7 and 10 of swords are starting to rear their heads already.

But she was still very happy with the reading, because she knows what’s ahead and how long she still has to go. (I have to add, it seems she’ll get a happy ending :) )

Thank you for posting this spread, I think it will get a fair amount of use!

blackroseivy

I believe it's called "Churchyard" because of all the cards being in a row, like headstones - & you read them. I just wanted to put in here that my reading is so frightfully accurate that I simply *must* share it in "Your Readings", if anyone wants to take a look! :)