Help identifying Conver reproduction/facsimile

Marcus R

i bought this deck from the Aquarius bookshop in Parramatta only yesterday. Cheapest deck in the store, $18. I decided to buy decks I want only if I come across them in stores, no ordering. Wanted a Marseille for some time, couldn't go past this one. Slightly thinner card stock than I would prefer but cheap is cheap. It certainly has the old style look to it, 3 colour block print, pretty much exactly what I wanted for a working deck. Some of the cards are worrying, the World especially is very messy.
I found a thread about the deck from 2008 saying the cards look like scans, they certainly do.

Essence of Winter

i bought this deck from the Aquarius bookshop in Parramatta only yesterday. Cheapest deck in the store, $18. I decided to buy decks I want only if I come across them in stores, no ordering. Wanted a Marseille for some time, couldn't go past this one. Slightly thinner card stock than I would prefer but cheap is cheap. It certainly has the old style look to it, 3 colour block print, pretty much exactly what I wanted for a working deck. Some of the cards are worrying, the World especially is very messy.
I found a thread about the deck from 2008 saying the cards look like scans, they certainly do.

I would return it and get another if some of the cards aren't as they should be. My 'World' card is over to one side but I'm not really worried about it.

Debra

Just to note--the backs of the pip cards have a small dark triangle at one end, to show which way's up for anyone who wants to read them with reversals (which I would never do, but hey, that's me).

I wouldn't bother about returning the deck or replacing the card. These cards were originally made for everyday use by workingmen in pubs--those guys didn't worry if the image was off-center :laugh: And this deck looks very nice with the white border trimmed off, to the original cream-colored border.

Essence of Winter

Just to note--the backs of the pip cards have a small dark triangle at one end, to show which way's up for anyone who wants to read them with reversals (which I would never do, but hey, that's me).

This deck looks very nice trimmed (take the white border off, go to the original cream-colored border)

At first, I thought the triangles were a printing error but I soon realised their purpose. Not all of the Minor Arcana have them, only those that are ambiguous.