Lost with "Oracle Celte des arbres" Ogham alphabet

patsyway

Good morning everybody,

I'm a little bit lost with 'Oracle celte des arbres'. It's a deck using Ogham alphabet. I don't understand the difference with Runes.
Isn't Celtic as well ?
This deck is brillant, but the book is not enought clear for me to deepen the meaning of Ogham and that is my interest with this one.
Thank you so much by advance for your experiences and knowledges in the field :)
Patsy

PathWalker

I don't quite understand what your issue is patsyway, but the first thing I would say is no, ogham and runes are two different things, and come from two different cultural backgrounds.
Runes are Norse, Ogham is Celtic.

Ogham is believed to have be a system which used trees and many other correspondences. A type of alphabet, probably used by Druids as part of a memory system/
(Is that a fair thumbnail folks?)

fAre you saying that you're looking for a starting guide to understand the Ogham as used in modern divination?

patsyway

Thank you very much for your articles :)
Yes i know that is different but i was lost about alphabet Ogham concerning these cards. It's particulary interesting but sounds unclear with this deck. I have a book with but not enought to explore and understand the mystery behind.