Anyone use / wear ruby ?

Deana

celticnoodle said:
for our 10th anniversary, my husband and i exchanged ruby rings to wear with our wedding rings. mainly because it is also our daughter's birthstone, and so the ruby has special meaning to us both

When I was pregnant with my first son, my wedding band didn't fit, and my husband bought me a ruby ring to wear instead. It has five rubies and it's really pretty. Ruby is my birthstone. Now that my wedding ring fits, I hardly wear the ruby ring anymore, but when I do, I put it on first, then the wedding band, then the engagement ring. It looks great together but I'm not a huge jewelry person so I don't usually wear that much (ok, I don't usually wear any jewelry at all). But this thread is making me want to get out my ruby ring and start wearing it again.

Gaby

Rubies are a blessing! I use a ring and earrings, and I own a record keeper one too.
I use them with black and white opal and emerald

Grizabella

I have a large star ruby cabuchon about half an inch across and set into a huge, or at least it seems so to me because I'm petite (about 2 1/2 inches across) megalodon shark's tooth and then it's wrapped with heavy gold wire to make a pendant that was made and given to by someone online several years ago. I've always sensed a tremendous power about the pendant. It was stolen four years ago and about six months ago, was returned to me by someone who knew it was mine and "stole" it back. When I received it in the first place, it was from a shaman/artist fellow and I thought it was sort of odd and extravagant to just be given it by someone I didn't know at all and odd in design for me to wear, but I do wear it sometimes. Holding it in my hand, it's just very awe-inspiring to think of the ancientness of the tooth. And I hadn't even known star rubies existed. Now I've read up on them and know that they're not all that common and that by heating rubies, the chatoiyancy goes away and the stones become more clear, which might be why the stars are not more common. In the natural form, rubies are not very clear, so the big dealers buy tons of rough and then expose it to heat treatment to make it clear.

Thanks for the information on rubies. I think I'll wear it more often now, maybe on a neckwire.

HearthCricket

I am a ring person, and my husband gave me a lovely ruby and diamond ring, several years ago as a Christmas present. My favourite novel is Jane Eyre and throughout the whole book is symbolism based on red and white, so we call this my Jane Eyre ring! I even wear it at night because it gives me a sort of comfort when I wear my favourite rings. When I was sick, this past year, my husband would place it on my finger before I went to sleep and called it my "power ring" so I would sleep well. I just love it because it is pretty!

Briar Rose

http://cgi.ebay.com/FACETED-NATURAL...ryZ15172QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

That's a link to E-bay as I typed in Ruby pendant. I bought one similiar to this one at a wholesale bead show for $26.00. Mine has 2 more rows of rubies forming a sunburst. I think it's beautiful. The one pictured isn't going to be small, it's rather big!!!! You would love it. I see them listed all the time. The rubies and pendant are from India. You won't be disappointed. I should have got the Emerald one too!!!!!

The rubies are translucent to opaque, and bright pinky red, ruby red!

Truly a wonderful find. They aren't that expensive unless you go with a flawless cut ruby.

I have some uncut rubies I got at a cave mine (that bag of sand you pan through for gems and fun).

willowfox

I would have a look at eBay before you decide, there are some good deals there. I purchased a cut sapphire from India off eBay and was most happy with what I received. As for what to choose, ask yourself what looks best on you. Also, silver tarnishes very quickly on some people, making rings and bracelets black in no time.

wumpkie

Aure, obviously you should go with the ones you are most drawn too but me personally seeing that you asked the question.. I like...

http://ametisti.net/kauppa/picserve.cgi?picserve=/rubiini5.JPG
&
http://ametisti.net/kauppa/picserve.cgi?picserve=/rubiini4.JPG

As I think they match up quite well as a sort of set.

And this ring: http://ametisti.net/kauppa/picserve.cgi?picserve=/RUBIINI999.JPG I luuuuurve it :D I like it as it makes a statement and I personally love big rings (ones that wrap around the fingers)

You will have to show us which ones you get :)