Anyone interested in jewelry??

wizzle

Thanks again for all your great suggestions. The tripod sounds like a great idea but I think I"ll try for some shots without it for the nonce.

BTW, I got a GREAT deal on some congac zircons!! NOT.. not.. cubic zirconia. But the real deal. Zircon seems to be hard to come by these days and it is a fab substitute for colored diamonds... all the rage... hehehe.

Another question for ya'll....

Let's suppose I can give you 1 carat total.. or 1/2 carat ear... studs. Sterling silver is about $5 or 14K gold is about $25. Are you willing to go for the gold?

memries

Pendant would be great. Make sure please that the loop the chain goes through is large enough for a good gold chain ! Most real chains are not eensy, weensy little holes when they are gold but sturdier.

Alta

wizzle said:
Another question for ya'll....

Let's suppose I can give you 1 carat total.. or 1/2 carat ear... studs. Sterling silver is about $5 or 14K gold is about $25. Are you willing to go for the gold?
Personally, yes, I would. Marion

wizzle

Yet another question.....

I'm planning on providing an explanation about the metaphysical merits of each gemstone. This info would be mainly drawn from books/websites. Do you think my own thoughts about the gemstone would be welcome?? For instance, books/websites don't do a good job imo of distinguishing between the various types of say.... garnet. Or zircon. Or tourmaline. These stones all come in many many colors and work differently depending on color... at least that's what I think.

So, should I add some personal thoughts/experiences??

memries

Yes you could do that if you feel you have had experience in them as ie "different kinds of garnets". I think some of these books are written by people who may not have specialized in areas of interest that you might have acquired. It is certainly impossible to know everything about everything.
I find some of their explanations overlap, which I am sure they probably do, but I still think when the don't know they just bluff it a bit.

When some stones have the same qualities why not put a chart showing the difference because one is a good as the other except for that added dimension the stone might have. I don't know that much about it but I would like to learn.

MCsea

wizzle said:
Yet another question.....

I'm planning on providing an explanation about the metaphysical merits of each gemstone. This info would be mainly drawn from books/websites. Do you think my own thoughts about the gemstone would be welcome?? For instance, books/websites don't do a good job imo of distinguishing between the various types of say.... garnet. Or zircon. Or tourmaline. These stones all come in many many colors and work differently depending on color... at least that's what I think.

So, should I add some personal thoughts/experiences??

YES THAT IS A GREAT IDEA....
it is what I have been doing with crystals for a while, people really appreciate the extra help...

MARINA