Effects of Blue Sapphire

May

In India, this is the most dreaded stone. It is said to cause major injuries, sometimes death within minutes if it doesn't suit the person wearing it. I have heard the effect of this stone are most of the times visible in three minutes and sometimes max of three days.

I was recommended the stone and I took it for a week long trial. Not much happened or may be things happened to favor me. I was out for work trip the entire week and it went favorable for me.
I have been wearing it for a month now and still not sure how the effects are.

I have tried wearing a few stones over a period of time in the past (All recommended). My father is into astrology and knows a bit about gemstones. I don't think stones really effect me much.

Any ideas?

Papageno

May said:
In India, this is the most dreaded stone.

:confused: really!!?? I'm very surprised.

traditionally, going back to the Mogul period and even beyond.........the lore of blue sapphires has always cited it as a stone of great virtues.

a star sapphire is a stone of Faith Hope and Destiny

May

I unfortunately don't know much about stones but Blue Sapphires are kind of revered stones.
They are considered to make an emperor / ess of a beggar when they are suitable and make beggars out of the richest men if they don't suit that person.

My stone did not do anything sudden to me. I was told that while testing phase that I will get nightmares or sweetest of dreams which will tell me if the stone suits me. Weirdly, I did not remember any of my dreams next morning, doesn't happen too often to me.

franniee

I did not know that either. In fact it is my birthstone and I wear blue sapphires often! I have a ring on right now that has a beautiful blue sapphire in it. I've been wearing in place of my wedding band this past month or so. I switch things up every now and then. :D

I've never had any ill effects from it. hmmmmmm

But your post was fascinating....especially since many of the sapphires are mind off the coast of india.... Ceylon/sri lanka.

celticnoodle

I have never heard of this before either. It's not my birthstone, opal is, but I LOVE the saphires! I have a beautiful saphire ring, that I wear now and again, and saphire earings too & a bracelet. It's my favorite stone, really.

Viper_05

i dont think a stone can kill someone unless they choke on it or soemthing

Alta

I also love blue sapphires and have both stud earrings and a pretty ring and wear both often. No ill effects that I have ever noted and they make me feel happy. :)

willowfox

I have worn a violet sapphire for years and nothing has dropped on my head yet, well my parrot has done things on my shoulder but other than that no problem.

Sapphires might be dreaded in India but in the rest of the world they are extremely popular and can be super expensive. Anyway, Kashmir produces some absolutely fabulous sapphires, so I don't see the problem.

May

I guess its just another superstition here. I got a ceylon sapphire ring that I'm wearing and love it.

willowfox

Some superstitions are just plain odd and silly, and this one especially.