Now I can join in!!!

Elven

Im so excited and happy. Today I purchased The Faeries Oracle! I live in a pretty small town and didnt think I would find it, but I went to my local book shop and hiding behind a wall of other decks, there it was! Happily sitting there waiting for me to pick it up!

I'd had never seen the deck before and had a giggle to myself, I have two other books by Brian Froud in my collection and never realized who he was until I saw the Faerie cards! (D'oh!)

I went to the website and did a draw (3 card spread). I asked why I was drawn to buying the Faerie Oracle. My answer:

Present: The Faerie who was kissed by the Pixies!
Past: Solus!
Present: She of the Cruach!

What a beautiful welcome!

Its all Helvetica fault! (LOL) Bless her!

Now I can finally come down here and join these threads without thinking I'm lost!

Light and Love
Elven x

MercyMe

Welcome to The Otherworld! :D The faeries and I greet you!

~Mercy

Elven

Thanks mercy - Im looking forward to my enchanted journey!

Blessings
Elven x

Sophie

Yay! Welcome Elven - you'll fit right in with the Faeries. I love to be something's fault when it's something good ;)

ncefafn

Welcome to the Otherworld, Elven. :)

Kim

Elven

Thanks for the welcome Helvetica and Kim! I just had another wonderful coincidence and now I've joined you guys I'll share. I've received my name on the Froud website and its 'goblin'. How appropriate!! Elves and goblins (LOL) - I couldn't have been given a nicer name! (being a Lord of the Rings nut) The faeries are looking after me big time!

Glad to be here!

Blessings
Elven x

ncefafn

Where do you get your name on the Froud website?

Kim

lunar_rabbit

Welcome to the land of faeries! I stumbled on the deck myself, and was quite surprised by how strong the pull of it was, especially since I hadn't much interest in that kind of stuff before. :) And I am just as happy and excited about the deck now as I was the first time I opened the box. They really are magical aren't they?

Sophie

lunar_rabbit said:
Welcome to the land of faeries! I stumbled on the deck myself, and was quite surprised by how strong the pull of it was, especially since I hadn't much interest in that kind of stuff before. :) And I am just as happy and excited about the deck now as I was the first time I opened the box. They really are magical aren't they?
You know - I feel exactly the same - I love fairytales and folk tales, but modern renditions and sentimental Victoriana have usually left me cold. But these! yeah! I find the whole anarchic/orderly moral/amoral spirit of original fairytales in them! Completely magic - that is - completely divorced from what we think SHOULD be reality - and the richer for it-

Elven

I totally agree Helvetica, the images in the cards allow me to rekindle memories of my free, creative imagination and innocent expression. There were no boundaries and it was real, exciting, adventurous and inviting. It was magical! What a wonderful world to step back into.

Kim, I read my post and realized how funny it sounded. I meant that I received my 'user name' to use on the world of Froud Forum and it was Goblin. You dont get to choose the name, they send it to you. Thats why I was so amused!

Thanks for making my day guys ....

Blessings
Elven x