Vedic Astrology

howaboutacupoftea

http://www.indastro.com/

Pretty cool stuff :) Your chart can tell what you look like (most of the time its right xD). The only thing that stinks is that you need to make a name to make a chart >___< Basically, it focuses on your moon sign :D

This is what mine said:
You will have near average height, a stout and strong build, square type face, prominent brows, prominent nose, thin lips with a small mouth, thick and dark hair, dusky complexion and an attractive countenance.

You will be bold, strong and intelligent, of reserved and determined nature, mechanically skilled, scientifically inclined, analytical mind, deep thought process, quick witted with good authorship qualities.

You will be fond of sharp humor, travel, music and dance. You will be wealthy and prosperous and have few brothers and sisters but may have many children.

You will travel to other countries and will be more successful in the early part of your life.

On the other side you may be secretive, combative, sarcastic, quarrelsome and ready to fight endlessly, blunt, shrewd, of uncertain temper, obtuse interests in the occult, love for dictatorship, fond of sex, and fickle minded.

Secret enemies, enemies among close associates, premature death of a dear friend, and accident by fire, cuts and wounds in the head may occur....

I don't want kids :( boohoo...

Minderwiz

Thanks for the link and I think people should check it out.

I've got a great respect for Vedic Astrology though most of what I know about it comes from the links it shares to Hellenistic and Medieval Astrology. It will be interesting to see others' responses to their readings

jfiallo0982

I checked it out and loved it!!

My moon sign changed from Capricorn to Sagitarious (I liked)
My ascendant from Aries to Pisces(dislike)
Very accurate for me, my husband and my children, but more for my husband.
It said he had a scar in the upper right hand and a peculiarity when he smiles, and this is all correct!!! Also all the possible marriage issues described for both of us are accurate, even in the physical part.

Why do your signs change? Am I really a sag. moon or Capricorn??? They're very different signs, also the ascendant. I dont recognize any Pisces traits in me at all.

Minderwiz

jfiallo0982 said:
Why do your signs change? Am I really a sag. moon or Capricorn??? They're very different signs, also the ascendant. I dont recognize any Pisces traits in me at all.

Vedic Astrology uses the sidereal zodiac, that is it bases it's Aries point within the constellation of Aries, and measures it's 112 equal signs from that point. Western Astrology uses the tropical zodiac and bases it's Aries point at the vernal equinox (Northern Hemisphere).

When Alexander the Great's armies took Greek culture to Northern India they also took Greek Astrology with them. In those times the vernal equinox occured in Aries and both zodiacs were nearly in line. By the second century BCE the Greeks were aware of precession, and by the second century CE the Greek Astronomer Ptolmey, suggested the adoption of the tropical zodiac. This eventually became the norm (not without a lot of problems) in what had been the Roman world,

However the links between Hellenistic and Indian cultures, broke down in the centuries following Alexander's death and it appears that the Indians were either not aware of precession (and there are claims that they were aware of it before the Greeks) or they decided that they could function perfectly well without any adjustment to their zodiac.

Currently the Vernal equinox occurs at approx 6 degrees Pisces, so to find your sidereal placement, subtract 24 degrees from the tropical (normal) placement.

Incidentally it was common practice in the West to identify physical characteristics in quite some detail, including scars, moles, physical build, etc.

Kibeth

Interesting find. I got one part this:

If evil planets are found in Gemini, trickery and deceit will characterize their nature.

What are 'evil planets' in astrology supposed to be?

dadsnook2000

Evil Planets?

You know who the evil planets are. They also go by the names of Anger, Cruel, Authoritarian, Deceitful, and Controlling. Dave

jfiallo0982

Minderwiz said:
Vedic Astrology uses the sidereal zodiac, that is it bases it's Aries point within the constellation of Aries, and measures it's 112 equal signs from that point. Western Astrology uses the tropical zodiac and bases it's Aries point at the vernal equinox (Northern Hemisphere).

When Alexander the Great's armies took Greek culture to Northern India they also took Greek Astrology with them. In those times the vernal equinox occured in Aries and both zodiacs were nearly in line. By the second century BCE the Greeks were aware of precession, and by the second century CE the Greek Astronomer Ptolmey, suggested the adoption of the tropical zodiac. This eventually became the norm (not without a lot of problems) in what had been the Roman world,

However the links between Hellenistic and Indian cultures, broke down in the centuries following Alexander's death and it appears that the Indians were either not aware of precession (and there are claims that they were aware of it before the Greeks) or they decided that they could function perfectly well without any adjustment to their zodiac.

Currently the Vernal equinox occurs at approx 6 degrees Pisces, so to find your sidereal placement, subtract 24 degrees from the tropical (normal) placement.

Incidentally it was common practice in the West to identify physical characteristics in quite some detail, including scars, moles, physical build, etc.
Thanks Minderwiz, its very cool to know all that now. I can show off at school!! I'll give you the credit though!

Kibeth

dadsnook2000 said:
You know who the evil planets are. They also go by the names of Anger, Cruel, Authoritarian, Deceitful, and Controlling. Dave

That does not fit the sentence to make sense at all.

dadsnook2000

They are . . .

They are the planets that can most easily fit into the role of being evil. You did want to know which planets were evil, didn't you. They can often be seen as evil in charts. Dave

jfiallo0982

Kibeth said:
Interesting find. I got one part this:

If evil planets are found in Gemini, trickery and deceit will characterize their nature.

What are 'evil planets' in astrology supposed to be?

Saturn. I would say Pluto but Vedic astrology dont use the outer planets.
Maybe mars. Personally I dont think there are "evil planets". Its like us human, we can be good or bad, so if a planet is too afflicted or ill dignified it will bring
the bad side of it out. For example Mars well place will make you energetic, bad placed would make you harsh or too forceful.
Venus would make you charming and sympathetic, afflicted would make you narcissistic or conceited.