which house to look into about astrology?

inanna_tarot

Hiya folks..
as part of my play with horary astrology I've created a chart to look into what the purpose is for me learning about it (yes I know a bit of an odd question, but its the only one I can think of it just 'have a play' with).
But, which house what reflect astrology? I know the 8th house has connections to the occult, and the 7th would reflect the abilities of the astrologer reading the card, but neither seem appropriate. Would perhaps the 3rd as its about learning something and so associated with learning, thinking and communicating stuff?

The chart seems to be pretty good in that Virgo is the ascendent, in that astrology is about precision and learning and my own slightly anal nature of exploring the 'why' of why I'm interested in it rather than just doing it.
But mercury, virgos ruler is in the 5th house (in Aquarius).

Hmmm any thoughts about the best place to be looking in answer to this question?

ta folks.

Minderwiz

You want to used the ninth

This is the House of God, and therefore wisdom, dreams, higher knowledge, and higher learning, religion, and Al Biruni lists both miracles and 'knowledge from the stars'. Lilly links it to Science (and for Lilly and other Traditional Astrologers, Astrology is a science).

However if the question is more about you and your motives, then it's a first House question. If you are just doing a chart about you and your learning and inner journey then the first and ninth are what are important.

NamasteIndia

yes 5th house is all about education
but 9th house is all about higher learning, knowledge, wisdom, higher growth...so its 9th house

FaireMaiden

Agreed, the 9th House represents Astrology per se. As well, 11-degrees Virgo is an Astrological marker, as is the planet Uranus.