Best Gilding to use?

Tigerangel

I tried looking for a post about this, which I'm sure there is somewhere but I got through a couple of pages but there's so many I decided just ask instead.

I'm wanting to cut of the white borders off my Crows Magick deck, and I'm wanting to guild the edges with a nice metallic red.

But I'm not sure what it is a need to buy to achieve this effect, do you use a paste? a wax? or something else?, also something that's long lasting and well not rub of in your hand when you shuffle.

I'm not even sure is gliding is the right term lol.

So any help pointing me to the correct product to purchase would be very appreciated.

Tigerangel

TinySpark

Hi TigerAngel,

I just gilded my wildwood tarot. So I know a little about the process...

Check out this thread in Talking Tarot. It is devoted to trimming and gilding etc.

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=165283

I use inka gold. It is a beeswax based metallic paint rub paste. It comes in a wide variety of colors that you can mix to get just the right color.

http://www.joann.com/viva-decor-inka-gold-50-grams/zprd_11597895a.html#q=inka+gold&start=1

not sure where you are located but in the states, joann's crafts and fabric store is having an awesome labor day sale. I got all my tools and paints for trimming and rounding and gilding my deck for 20%-40% off.

have fun and be sure to post your finished product in the trimmed decks thread! :D

reall

oh! like this topic!^^ I was thinking of gilding my few oracle decks!^^ but don't wan't cards to stick or paint to fell off!^^ so if anyone knows good black/ gold /pink /colors for gilding share here!^^;))

Tigerangel

Hi TigerAngel,

I just gilded my wildwood tarot. So I know a little about the process...

Check out this thread in Talking Tarot. It is devoted to trimming and gilding etc.

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=165283

I use inka gold. It is a beeswax based metallic paint rub paste. It comes in a wide variety of colors that you can mix to get just the right color.

http://www.joann.com/viva-decor-inka-gold-50-grams/zprd_11597895a.html#q=inka+gold&start=1

not sure where you are located but in the states, joann's crafts and fabric store is having an awesome labor day sale. I got all my tools and paints for trimming and rounding and gilding my deck for 20%-40% off.

have fun and be sure to post your finished product in the trimmed decks thread! :D

That's great thanks :), I've watched the trimmed deck thread so I don't lose where it is, will post my altered decks once I get around to doing them.

I'm from the UK, so we don't have that store, but we have a hobbycraft, and there is two art shops in town, might take a look in them at the end of week and see what they have in store, think I will test out the inexpensive wax I found though as I've noticed quite alot of the gliding stuff can be expensive depending on the brand.

I'm getting excited now, just want to go buy some stuff and get started lol.

Tigerangel

oh! like this topic!^^ I was thinking of gilding my few oracle decks!^^ but don't wan't cards to stick or paint to fell off!^^ so if anyone knows good black/ gold /pink /colors for gilding share here!^^;))

I'm thinking of doing a couple of decks with black and gold so if they stand up to my shuffle test, I'll be sure to let you know :)

Tigerangel

DELETED # Double post.

reall

I'm thinking of doing a couple of decks with black and gold so if they stand up to my shuffle test, I'll be sure to let you know :)

Oh! Thank you! I'm looking forward to that!:))

TinySpark

That's great thanks :), I've watched the trimmed deck thread so I don't lose where it is, will post my altered decks once I get around to doing them.

I'm from the UK, so we don't have that store, but we have a hobbycraft, and there is two art shops in town, might take a look in them at the end of week and see what they have in store, think I will test out the inexpensive wax I found though as I've noticed quite alot of the gliding stuff can be expensive depending on the brand.

I'm getting excited now, just want to go buy some stuff and get started lol.

hi TigerAngel,

The inka gold I use is made in Germany, so it *might* be easy to find over in the UK. There are also two sizes: sample size and a little over 2oz size. But if you are doing a lot of decks I'd buy the 2oz size because just a small dollop does a whole deck. Great stuff can't rave enough about it, I researched it extensively online and the best part is if it dries up you can just add a little water and remould it into a paste and it works fine. :D

Tigerangel

hi TigerAngel,

The inka gold I use is made in Germany, so it *might* be easy to find over in the UK. There are also two sizes: sample size and a little over 2oz size. But if you are doing a lot of decks I'd buy the 2oz size because just a small dollop does a whole deck. Great stuff can't rave enough about it, I researched it extensively online and the best part is if it dries up you can just add a little water and remould it into a paste and it works fine. :D

Thanks, I had a look on eBay for the inka gold and there such a huge selection of colours I found the lava red pot for £8.75, I've attached a pic of the colour, it's just a perfect colour for what I was looking for my Crows Magick deck, I will most likely buy that for my Crows deck as its a special deck for me and deserves special treatment :), I think this is suitable for wood also? If it is I may also revamp up the wooden box I keep my Crows Magick in.

I will check the art shops in town for the inkas gold and see if it's cheaper or more expensive than eBay.

Attachments

• IMG_20150907_180518.jpg
    IMG_20150907_180518.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 417