The power of the card

Alitalia

Hi, Alitalia. :)

I think the magic is in me, not in the tarot cards. The cards are a tool that help me to connect more deeply with my intuition.

Sounds like you are having great fun connecting with your cards! With my favorite decks, I will sometimes light candles, burn incense, or keep crystals with the cards. It really has nothing to do with trying to connect. It is just that they are my favorite decks, so I am inspired to do special things for them. :D

Hello RiverRunsDeep, thank you for the Feedback. Yes, i'm start to have So much fun with my decks... 😬😍

Alitalia

I put my Lenormand cards in a circle (clockwise) around a dart board on the wall - when I start throwing the darts I will only read the ones that get hit. No meditation, incense, rocks, or candles needed just a really steady hand.

Now, if I were to suspect any "magic" I think I would bring a priest in to exorcise them, as the last thing I want to be doing is playing "hide and seek" or "catch me if you can. :bugeyed:

As "special treatment" I will give them a bubble bath once in a blue moon and order in pizza.

I LOVE my Lenormand cards!

DND :)

Whoooaaaa.... Hahahahahahaha 🀣 Thxs for the reply DownUnderNzer... I'm quite curious with the lenormand card too. Maybe I should start to check It out... 😝😁

Alitalia

Hello Alitalia,
As has already been said, no. I don't think that the cards have any power. They are pieces of cardboard printed with ink.
Instead, the power is what happens when I use them. That's why they take so much effort to learn. It's because we have to develop the power within us (some people call this power 'intuition').
I don't do anything special though, really. And that's the magic :)
ahhhh... wonderful... ❀️

Alitalia

I believe there is magic in everything. Me, you, the cards, that chair over in the corner... it's all in what we do, and what uses we put things to. A toilet probably doesn't have much potential for magic, but that's OK. I don't need or want a magic toilet! Cards on the other hand, I want those to be magic...
true... ❀️❀️

Alitalia

One thing I think is important to do with each deck is to interview it. I use this spread here:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=44573

As far as what else you need to do? I know this sounds vague, but whatever else you think you need to do in order to get a connection with the cards. Each person has their own rituals when it comes to storage, cleansing, and reading.

Try a few things out, and go with what works for you.
thank you very much for the advice... I'm surely would love to try... πŸ˜ƒπŸ™‚

Alitalia

One thing I think is important to do with each deck is to interview it. I use this spread here:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=44573

As far as what else you need to do? I know this sounds vague, but whatever else you think you need to do in order to get a connection with the cards. Each person has their own rituals when it comes to storage, cleansing, and reading.

Try a few things out, and go with what works for you.
thank you very much for the advice... I'm surely would love to try... πŸ˜ƒπŸ™‚

Alitalia

Who says a toilet doesn't have magickal potential? :joke: :joke:
What about all those Feng Shui ideas that you shouldn't leave the toilet lid open because it's encouraging all your energy to "go down the pan"? ;)
And y'know - some of the most powerful "I'm just gonna get rid of that!" moments could involve flushing stuff down the loo... (thinking of people who've thrown engagement rings down there - and stuff like that...).

Here's a short thread on deck dedication:
http://tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=264390
http://tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=242721

"Magick, Magick Everywhere!
In the Earth and in the Air
Magick seals our circle round
In magick cords are we all bound!"... Sorry! Wiccan getting carried away! :joke:

I know - because I have decided they have. The magick is in my intension. :)
Now - I don't often do any sort of dedication or programming of my decks (see the 1st above thread link) - except for some of the ones which I use specifically for Magick and Ritual.

And in this case - I might decide to do all manner of things (I enjoy a good ritual with all the trimmings)...
Most likely on a full moon, I'd design a ritual with the cards placed in the centre of my ritual altar for that evening.
I may keep particular crystals and herbs in the bag with the deck - for example my newest deck, Modern SpellCaster's Tarot - is most certainly a magickal deck (and, I have spare copy for reading too.), and I'm presently leisurely reading through the book and also contributing to the study thread on it here as I go along. This deck has a pagan theme and was made for Magick (as is evident from the imagery and what it says in the companion book).

I have a special bag for it - A Baba studios one (gifted by request at Xmas time) and inside I keep a polished Ammonite crystal (fossils usually represent the Element of Earth - and I've decided this deck is an Earth Element deck for me. Ammonites fascinate particularly when you can see all the pretty feathery patterning within, and they make that spiral pattern - the fibonache number that is repeated in nature - representing life cycles and the magickal mystery of numbers...
Spirals are a magical symbol in many traditions, with some of their uses being: "going back in time into past lives" for example... or the "powering up" of an application, as with Reiki symbols - originally Japanese... or a representation of creation, or going back to the source/connection with the Divine...) and a tiny pouch of my favourite Star Child incense with a healthy addition of Mugwort - which is an Earth Element magickal herb too.

I'm in process of inventing a dedication chant for it... who knows when it will be complete? - maybe when I've finished reading every page of the book.

But I believe that because I'm thinking about it - it already is so.
I may not get around to completing the actual chant and ritual for some time, but in so thinking about it all - I've already created "the cone of power" if you like - to energise my use of it. :love:

Sounds great! And there is no right way Alitalia - there is only your way - the way that suits you best. :)
Alla RiverRunsDeep - I believe the magick is in me - so I'd be asking all those higher beings to guide me, rather than dump all their amazing powers into my cards.

LOL! DND - you crack me up big time!

But...hmmm... A Tarot Dartboard - now I haven't thought of that before.
Huh - that could be cool... Novel Tarot time.
One could use darts with suckers...
thanks for the tips 😘... Hahahahahaha husband just bought me the modern spell's caster deck last week... and I'm on my way to dig 'em up. I love the additional book that came with the card. 😜

Alitalia

Thinking of a Roulette Wheel next for them and instead of numbers - 36 Lenormand cards slotted in to each slot. That way when the wheel is spun around - still a random selection only no prick holes or losing any bets. Safest gamble! :D:D:D

DND :)

Nah... nah.. nah... that's surely the real magic Lol πŸ˜‚

Alitalia

I just take the deck out of the box, shuffle, and start reading. IMO the power is in me, Spirit, and our guides, not in the cards themselves.
thank you... true.. the biggest power lies in You... πŸ™‚

Alitalia

There is no magic in the cards. The magic is inside you. The cards are the tool that let you access that magic and bring it out.

There is no right way to do anything in Tarot or to learn. It's abut learning what it right and best for you, which is not the same for everyone. The best way to learn Tarot is different for everyone, the best way to read is different, the decks that read best for us is different from reader to reader.

You have to find that out for yourself really. I say just try lots of differnet htings and keep notes you a Tarot journal how things are working for you and you will soon see what works best for YOU. I think it's best not to compare ourselves to much to others when learning Tarot. As everyone's journey is different. Our talents are not all in teh same area. It's like comparing apples and oranges, if you know what i mean. There's no real way to compare.

Babs
truuueeeee... thanks babs for the kind advice... ❀️😍