The Masque Tarot - My Second Tarot Deck

blue_fusion

The Masque Tarot - my second tarot deck

well, these cards are for my second deck (they're not the final form, however), originally planned to be an art nouveau one. but alas, it looked more like a fusion of the cloysters tarot and expressionism, and stained glass at that. the reason why the backgrounds of the cards look a bit like a child's doodling is because i had to draw them using my mouse since i couldn't go to my friend's house to scan the pics (this because of the weather we're having in these parts). i hope you guys like them. though. :)

Attachments

• sword_princess.jpg
    sword_princess.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 708

blue_fusion

here's the high priestess. :)

Attachments

• major_priestess.jpg
    major_priestess.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 579

kayne

Wow - looking good Blue Fusions! Lot's of detail and strong colour! I especially like that hight priestess! Can't wait to see more! You have done really well witht he back grounds, rendering it with just the mouse... Good one! :D

GoserGosarian

WOW... these look good. Im jealous, as my hand drawn art sucks...I must rely on Photoshop. I too am considering replacing the page with the princess... if thats what youre doing.

blue_fusion

GoserGosarian said:
WOW... these look good. Im jealous, as my hand drawn art sucks...I must rely on Photoshop. I too am considering replacing the page with the princess... if thats what youre doing.

actually, i'm gonna add the princess card - that makes it page, knight, princess, queen, king. thanks for the complement, though. i really like looking at your deck, and i envy your photoshop skills, as i have yet to learn them. good day! :)

Phoenix

OMG!!!! You MUST finish and publish this deck!!!!! I HAVE to have it!

Major Tom

blue_fusion20 said:

actually, i'm gonna add the princess card - that makes it page, knight, princess, queen, king. thanks for the complement, though. i really like looking at your deck, and i envy your photoshop skills, as i have yet to learn them. good day! :)

Your cards look really good. :)

I'm curious why you've chosen to add a princess card. What do you see as the difference between the princess and the page? How would you interpret them?

blue_fusion

Major Tom said:

Your cards look really good. :)

I'm curious why you've chosen to add a princess card. What do you see as the difference between the princess and the page? How would you interpret them?

well, since i view the court cards as aspects of human development, i'm gonna attempt to split the aspects for knight, and make it politically correct by adding a princess. the page cards do not need the same treatment as children have not yet achieved the sense of sexual division visible in young adults and adults. doi make any sense? :)

blue_fusion

oh, and i also changed the suits: sword, cup, fan (instead of wand) and instead of pentacle - orb/urn (i still can't decide). and the reason for them? well, i just want some change in the look of things. sorry if i disappoint anyone. :)

Liliana

Id go for orb myself, urn might be easily confused with cup, and my favorite deck has what Id call orbs, tho it calls them disks. (The Rohrig)

:THP