What do you do with decks you no longer want to keep

Jubear

Hi there

What do you do when you no longer want to keep a deck and want to pass these one? I have a number of decks I do not connect with and know I will not use them again. I would like to move them onto good homes where someone may get more out of them than I. How and where do you pass these on? Do you sell them or give them away? If you sell them where do you sell them?

Any advice welcome.

Thanks
Jubear

ana luisa

Hi Jubear :) You could try this thread and/or ask a moderator if Oracle decks are also "allowed" in it. (I don't see why not...).

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=204850

Another possibility would be to trade your unwanted decks for others. Again, there's the TAROT TRADING thread and you may want to check if it accepts Oracles. Good luck !

Disa

Hi, Jubear.

You have to be a member here to sell or trade in the Tarot Trading thread, though.

Check your local metaphysical shops, too. I have one near me that accepts your used decks and will give you store credit towards something else you might like.

Storm82

sell/ trade... maybe there is other decks you want more?
I use cards for artworks and projects, always looking for cards for that

Freder

Send them to me! ;-)

Le Fanu

To be honest, I think the trading forum is heavily biased towards U.S trades. I have noticed, being in Europe, I get few takers on the occasions I have tried to trade. Plus quite a few traders want U.S only so it limits it.

My local esoteric shop sells 2nd hand decks. They take quite a substantial cut but it's probably about the same as postage so I tend not to trade much here anymore.

For the record, I have taken some great decks, rarities and stuff to my local shop and it has gone for what I consider a pittance. But it's less hassle than going to the Post Office.

DDwarks

To be honest, I think the trading forum is heavily biased towards U.S trades. I have noticed, being in Europe, I get few takers on the occasions I have tried to trade. Plus quite a few traders want U.S only so it limits it.

My local esoteric shop sells 2nd hand decks. They take quite a substantial cut but it's probably about the same as postage so I tend not to trade much here anymore.

For the record, I have taken some great decks, rarities and stuff to my local shop and it has gone for what I consider a pittance. But it's less hassle than going to the Post Office.

Does the shop have a website???

tarotlova

Well I'm in the same boat as you, what I was going to do was put them all on a wooden table that I had and place a piece of glass on top over it, however the table was to big for our new smaller home. I have a card table that I was thinking of doing the same thing with although it would have to be a plastic top. I have some old picture frames that I thought of putting in the cards I don't use too. So that's what I am aiming to do some type of crafty thing, and I'm not very crafty so I have to be crafty about it.....

MizGrace

I dont know I was a member paid for a little while and didnt have time to continue it lack of funds I simply cant afford right now. I am not in US CA so shipping would be an issue.I tried bid site but sold one and didnt see the fees I lost out in travel and taxes in end I was almost posting it for free.it went to someone who will love the cards yet I feel cheated since I made nothing and really put self out to get them to the person.very frustrating. other problem is over pricing to pay for fees and no one wants to buy them then. I have no solution stuck myself with same issue.

Jubear

Thank you

Looks like its more tricky to pass on decks than I thought. Looks like I will hold onto them until I come across a friend who may want them rather than selling. Thanks for the suggestions though.