Death + High Priestess for what someone thinks of you

Kgirl

Death and High Priestess!

Whoa! I am not sure how to take this combo.

The deck is Bonefire Tarot (which is derived from Rider Waite). No reversals. Part of a larger spread of mini-questions. In the position for what someone thinks of me, I got Death followed by High Priestess.

Now, first off, this relates to a male authority figure. This is IN NO WAY a romantic based question. I was curious as to what this person thought of me as a colleague, he is not my boss.

Now I have not had much to do with this person but I find he observes me.

My possible takes:

1. he doesn't think of me much at all (Death) and generally sees me as a mystery (High Priestess)
2. his view / thoughts of me have changed (Death) and he now sees me as intelligent or a cool operator (High Priestess)
3. he somehow thinks I'm a threat (Death) because he has this impression that I can see to the heart of things (High Priestess).

I would love to know what you guys think. This card combo really threw me. :)

PAMUYA

I think that Death could mean that you can and will bring change, HP, he feels you are very intuitive, wise and yes mysterious.

ShinyAeon

It could be that he sees you either as being in the process of change, or as a source of change.

Combined with the High Priestess...hmm. My first impression is closest to your #3 - that he sees you as threatening because you have a keen intuition/insight. But I also got a whiff of, well, sexism...as though he sees you as a threat because you are female, and therefore privy to a world and a kind of knowledge he doesn't "get."

[I also got an impression of a college or university atmosphere...though looking at your post again, I don't see you mentioning anything like that. (Perhaps the word "colleague" carries that implication for me...dunno.)]

Are you two colleagues in a field/organization that has a strong "old boys" tradition in it? Is it possible he sees you as a source of change to the system itself?

Kgirl

I think that Death could mean that you can and will bring change, HP, he feels you are very intuitive, wise and yes mysterious.
Thanks Pamuya. I am glad that you see Death as change and it would make sense as I am new to the company. I see this as quite positive. :)

It could be that he sees you either as being in the process of change, or as a source of change.

Combined with the High Priestess...hmm. My first impression is closest to your #3 - that he sees you as threatening because you have a keen intuition/insight. But I also got a whiff of, well, sexism...as though he sees you as a threat because you are female, and therefore privy to a world and a kind of knowledge he doesn't "get."

[I also got an impression of a college or university atmosphere...though looking at your post again, I don't see you mentioning anything like that. (Perhaps the word "colleague" carries that implication for me...dunno.)]

Are you two colleagues in a field/organization that has a strong "old boys" tradition in it? Is it possible he sees you as a source of change to the system itself?
Thanks so much Shiny. There is definitely an old boys vibe to this place and it is male dominated so good pick up.

No this is a work environment in a very big company. I do tend to see this guy as a bit of a phony so its entirely possible he feels I see right through him in the way you describe.

Thank you both for your insights! Much appreciated

JoyousGirl

Maybe you're seen as a threat in that he fears you're going to lift the lid on something.

Kgirl

Maybe you're seen as a threat in that he fears you're going to lift the lid on something.

Thanks JoyousGirl. Yes that is very interesting. We are the legal team so its hard for anybody to get away with doing the wrong thing so that interpretation makes sense. He probably fears that we are the ones that keep everybody in line.

Good pick up. Thanks :)