Moon, Star AND Sun (just these three)

Straw_Fairy

Apologies for my previous post. I have read rules, but clearly I missed a set. Anyway, what I would like is some input on the fact that all three celestial bodies appeared in the one spread. It feels important, but I can't pin down why/what.

I did a reading last night using the Celtic Cross spread. I'm still learning so although I'm familiar with the cards and recognise quite a lot of them, I'm not that skilled yet. I recognised something which I thought important, but am stuck on whether I'm right and what it might mean.

I was asking for guidance about a possible relationship. I drew the The Moon in position 2 (factor for change/reinforcement - heart of the matter) of the Celtic Cross, which I felt was a warning to be wary of what's going on, but also equally to open myself up to new/different things. I don't see The Moon as being a necessarily negative card, that it can actually be exciting.

I then drew The Star is position 5 (attitudes/beliefs), suggesting that I am full of hope and positivity. Feels pretty accurate.

Then came The Sun in position 8 (outside influences/as others see me). Now this could either be the way people/someone in particular sees me: a very positive force, or that this other person is that for me. Either way, it's a good card.

I just can't get away from the fact that the three of them are all there. There were 4 major aracana in total, which I consider to be quite a lot, at least for me. Am I looking for something that isn't there, or is there something to them all being there together.

Thanks. Hope I'm not breaking rules this time!

jolie_amethyst

I'm going to preface this with the comment that what I have to say is merely something to consider. I'm human, therefore I could be totally off base. :)

I also don't automatically consider the moon to be negative--I'm never instinctively unhappy to have it show up in a reading for myself. But in this case, I can easily propose a way by which all three cards can be read negatively and tie together, and that, along with your comments and having seen the whole spread before it was moved, does lead me to wonder a bit.

This is what I'm potentially seeing:

The Moon as heart of the matter: Illusion, something that's not actually real
The Star as attitudes/beliefs: The card of dreamers...but some are chasing a dream that is not achievable, and others either don't realize the work that's needed to achieve their dream, or simply won't put that work in.
The Sun as how others see you: This card comes up for me routinely for one person in particular--he's a vibrant, outgoing, charismatic optimist...who isn't always realistic or grounded. Being an sunny optimist isn't a bad thing--but being unrealistic rarely leads to anything good.

Those three together in those interpretations, and your outcome card from the original reading you posted, do make me at least wonder about whether or not you may have put too positive a slant on this reading. Again, I may be completely wrong, and if this is a relationship you want, then I hope I am! :thumbsup:

As for those three specifically being extra significant...to me, they're no more or less significant than your fourth Major, or any other Major that could have appeared in this spread. The three things that would change my mind on that are 1) if they came up in numerical order and all together in the spread, rather than out of order and scattered; 2) if they came up in very closely related positions; and 3) if the summary or quint card, when added up, equals any of the Majors in the spread. (I have not done this for your reading, as we're not evaluating the whole spread here in this thread.) When that happens, I consider that particular Major to be the most important card in the reading, as it's reinforced.

But that's my perception only--if you think it's of greater importance because all three were there, it probably is that way for you. And, of course, if we were evaluating the spread as a whole, I might see something different.

As a side note: The way I was taught about evaluating a spread, Majors gain significantly more weight in the reading starting when they total 1/3 of the total cards. At 50% or more, you can assume larger forces are in play and that your outcome may not be something you can easily affect with any changes you make. While 4/10 Majors is enough to be significant, I think you still have some chance to affect this situation and perhaps nudge it towards your preferred outcome. If you haven't done so already, you may wish to ask the cards for advice on actual actions you can take to get what you want. (A Celtic Cross is quite possibly the least valuable spread for advice--at best, there's typically only one card for advice or actions to take, and many CC spreads don't even have that much. A three card spread can be much more effective; there are many in the Spreads section here that you might find helpful.)

Obviously, the percentage method isn't the only way to examine a spread as a whole, and it's certainly not the only thing to consider, but it has been a useful guide for where to start in my own readings.

Good luck with your situation, and again, welcome!
~jolie

Straw_Fairy

That was really helpful, thank you. And I think you're right about the positive slant. I have only done two spreads in the years I've been dabbling, and neither have been "advice" ones. I'll take a look for some suggestions, thanks.

I need to have a mull.

jolie_amethyst

You're welcome! Hopefully in thinking things over, the spread as a whole will come together for you. Sometimes, I find that I've gone too far--either positively or negatively--and the real message is somewhere in between. I'm a bit more of a pessimist, so when a spread looks like it's all doom and gloom, I have to force myself to take a step back and reexamine everything from the beginning. That's when I find where my own personal bias has crept in. Making myself look at the cards from all angles has really sharpened my reading skills; if it looks like even one card doesn't seem to fit my interpretation, I'll go back and look at them all again because I may have started from the wrong premise. When they all fall into place, I know I'm seeing what the cards are trying to tell me.

Here's the index of the available spreads on the forum: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=203788

They're mostly sorted by subject, so it shouldn't be too hard to find a few that you can try out. :)

MaineGirl117

Here's what I know to be true from my own experience:

A little over a year ago I had two full deck readings from a very skilled medium. The Sun/Moon/Star card showed up together in both readings. What he told me was that serendipity was in play with this coming relationship, though he wasn't quite sure HOW it would manifest.

Not to long ago, I met a man that I felt an instant connection with. It was only recently that I found out the details of his birth and cast his natal chart. What I found was that he had the Moon in his 1st House (persona, physical appearance, and the "I AM" mentality). I happen to have my Sun also in my 1st House. When I overlay the two charts, there is an "Eclipsing" energy that comes from these two luminaries. I also had a New Moon Solar Eclipse this year ON my birthday - which I believe foretold our meeting.

There is an incredible synergy and dynamic between the two of us. It may sound cheesy, but I believe that our meeting was "written in the stars". People have said to me that when we're both together, BOTH of our heads GLOW. The 1st House does rule the head :)

Anyhow, what I'm getting at here is that it's very likely that this relationship has very positive reinforcements from the sun, moon and stars. I'm not going to say that it's "the one", but I will say that there is something important to be learned from it. Your luminaries might not be in such a favorable location.

From the position of the cards in the spread, it's possible that the luminaries are external influences that contribute to the possible success of the relationship. As they are mostly concerning your surroundings, it may be the movement of the planets and an indicator of timing. Also keep in mind that this may be a relationship with your own Sun and Moon in your chart, which would mean that your heart and mind are on the same page regarding the possibility of this relationship. If you just get struck with the feeling/thought that it's not going to work out (or that it's meant to be), that could be about your internal synergy. With the star in the 5th position, it could very well indicate that your higher self is offering assistance and advice and you're translating it through your emotional responses (Moon crossing).

Either way, you stand to learn a lot about yourself! Hope that helps!