When is it ok to ask the same question again after a reading?

LilySage

It's not so much a question of what is appropriate as what is effective. It can happen that if we ask the same question repeatedly that "the cards" will just stop answering and you just get random cards coming up that make no sense.

Babs

This is so true! I used to do that, when I just started, asking the same question over and over every day, and true, the cards just stop answering and come up with random cards that don't make sense. I am really curious as to how that works, cosmically speaking... But yes, it really does work that way whether I know why that is or not. As a total newbie, I find this fascinating.

Thank you all for your replies!

Sophie

SunChariot

Maybe it helps if I write down the specifics for my question - a year long amazing relationship ended by a guy telling me that he wants to be alone and doesn't want to be in any relationship anymore. That he still loves me but he wants to be alone, by himself, in a solitude and bla bla bla.... (yes, he went through some sort of big existential crisis, so I can understand where its coming from). I respected his wish and I gave him just that. We are not in contact at all. I let him go and be alone.

But to be sure I am doing the right thing I went to a qualified reader (whom I used for the first time) and she told me that he really does need to be alone to sort through his issues, and I should not bother him, contact him or reach out to him in any way, as he needs this time to be by himself, get his head straight. That it is very important to leave him alone. And that in 8 weeks he will most likely contact me himself (though of course there is no 100% guarantee, as with all these things).

So I sit patiently and wait. And its been 5 weeks already (of me going slowly insane with no contact, in fear and anxiety that I am losing him). And in the meanwhile I started getting all kinds of signs against passivity, for action, for activity. That I should do something. I am very much attuned to the universe and signs, and there are clearly signs. But then, it could also be wishful thinking and anxiety. I don't know... I do not want to jinx it and I already have been waiting 5 out of 8 weeks, right?

So that were the specifics.... Not sure if that is helpful to get the context right. But maybe it does explain my dilemma better. I guess it won't hurt to ask the cards again now, do some sort of decision making spread between the "reaching out" option and the continuing to wait one.

Thank you guys!

Sophie

The context doesn't change much for me in my answer. But as an aside. If someone is serious and tells you they need something (as in to be left alone) and he ignore that and do what they asked us not to, that could come off as disrespectful. If they told you in no uncertain terms what they needed and that it is something they truly need, to go against that might showing disrespect for their needs.

Then again if you are getting signs that is important too.

I hate to add this in, but maybe just in case it helps in some way, even though it is not something anyone wants to hear. The one and only time someone I loved and had dated asked for time alone and said he would contact me when he was ready again, it was because he was feeling suicidal and I believe he did not want to be talked out of it. I believe that he did follow through on that. I never did hear from him again and the cards said that that is what had happened. We did not live in the same city at the time, but that is what the cards said afterwards. I guess I had a hint as he gave me a CD with a copy of all our conversation on it before he asked me to stop contacting him. I believe he knew then that that would be all I had left of him. So he wanted me to have it.

I am not saying it is that. but if it were it could be that is why you are meant to contact him and change that future. Maybe not but who knows.

That is probably not much helps as it sounds contradictory at best, but that is all I know from my experience on this kind of thing.

Babs

SunChariot

This is so true! I used to do that, when I just started, asking the same question over and over every day, and true, the cards just stop answering and come up with random cards that don't make sense. I am really curious as to how that works, cosmically speaking... But yes, it really does work that way whether I know why that is or not. As a total newbie, I find this fascinating.

Thank you all for your replies!

Sophie

In my opinion, and we all have different ones on this, we are talking to real beings when we use the cards. To me, divination is a conversation with the Divine. I see that as my angels. Sometimes the querent's angels

They are there to help us and want to, but they don't like to be asked the same thing over and over and over when it serves no purpose to ask. They want to help, but it is not helping us if we get different answers ever 5 minutes. We need to believe what we are told and to trust in Tarot and the source that is sending us the answers through the cards.

It's like imagine you were on the other end of it. And someone was asking you questions and you were on the other end, and could use the cards to send them your answers. And you wanted to help them. And the person asks "What colour is the grass on the ground?" And you say green. And you think they get it. Then 5 minutes later the ask what colour is the grass. And you're like hmmmm I thought they heard me but ok. And you tell them green again. And they keep asking over and over again.

You just get to the point where you see the person is not understanding or believing you, even though you have told them repeatedly. And you can see that it is not serving any purpose to keep telling them the same thing again because they are not believing it or it is not sinking in. Then you just stop answering because they are not getting your message and taking it inside them. You want to help this person, but they just are not taking or accepting your help. So there is no more point in giving it until they are ready to take it in.

If you can imagine how it would feel to you, how many times are you going to be willing to tell someone the same answer over and over when they will not believe you and keep asking again. What purpose does it even serve to tell them when they will not believe you and want a different answer instead when there is no different answer and the grass is still green. How can you talk to someone who is hoping the grass has changed from green to red so keeps asking, when green it is. How many times can you repeat it until you see it serves no more purpose to do so....

So if you can imagine being on the other end of it. If you were the one answering instead of asking, it makes sense that it happens that way.

Tarot also does not like to be tested. It runs on faith. If you are told something and don't believe it, things slow down...sometimes to a halt. Why talk to someone who will not believe what you say?

If enough time has passed that things may have changed...that is a different story of course.

Babs

JonneyVK

Keep looking at the clock mate. Tick tick. Boring as shit I know. But everything had a habit of levelling the playing field and one day you will wake up and not have this burden on your shoulders and actually everyone will get exactly what they deserve. Both you and her. It's written in stone. So just wait it out cos eventually come grovelling back. Your relationship has meaning bud. Don't worry.

nisaba

I've found this forum to be exceptionally female biased - their are male psychics equally privileged with the art of divination.

I've been here for years, and I haven't. Many of the people I respect most on this forum are males, and there are male moderators too. And yes, many of them are even straight - let's just get that stereotype out of the way! At the venue where I read, there are both male readers and female readers, and the one who seems to get the most clients is J., a very butch typical scruffy Aussie bloke. Which is fair - he is a very fine reader. :)

Many of the pseudonyms that people use here are genderless - I would strongly advise against assuming that the people who use those aliases are female - they very often are not. When I read and write at this forum, I assume I'm talking to *minds*, not a particular kind of genital setup.

Can you point me to any recent comments or threads that show anti-male bias?

MistressMorrigan

Being a professional, my usual rule with my clients is this:

Don't do another reading on this subject for a month, UNLESS something has changed.

But you're not the average client. You have your own knowledge of the cards, and you have your own intuition. If your intuition is telling you that something has changed, and you need another reading, then go for it.

Above all, trust your intuition!