knight of cups Reversed as advice after an argument

starrystarrynight

samantha said:
(And .........would you change your opinion about any of this now I have added that this was the 'should do " card , and 6 wands was the "shouldn't do " ??!! )
Without knowing the rest of the spread, this is just more speculation...but the Six of Wands as a "shouldn't do" could be advising you not to let your pride step into the mix in too overt a way. You shouldn't expect or hope that (no matter what you do) he will ever fall all over himself to accept or acknowledge that you were right. And with the Knight of Cups, rx, as the "should do", that might just be trying to advise you to leave it all at agreeing to disagree with this person (i.e. no one actually wins here, so get past it.)

On the other hand, it could be advising you not to be just one of the admiring masses below the other person, which, in effect, allows him to come out smelling like a rose without any challenge (and also, moves the relationship backwards--with the Knight of Cups, rx, bringing that more negative energy into things, as well.)

Actually, it may be a mixture of the two--it could be be trying to tell you to forget it, you're never going to agree on the issue, and it's best to ride way from this argument (as there are horses in both of these cards...) But with his full knowledge that he didn't "win", nor did you in the situation.

But again, the rest of the spread might color it a different hue.:)

samantha

starrystarrynight said:
Without knowing the rest of the spread, this is just more speculation...but the Six of Wands as a "shouldn't do" could be advising you not to let your pride step into the mix in too overt a way. You shouldn't expect or hope that (no matter what you do) he will ever fall all over himself to accept or acknowledge that you were right. And with the Knight of Cups, rx, as the "should do", that might just be trying to advise you to leave it all at agreeing to disagree with this person (i.e. no one actually wins here, so get past it.)

On the other hand, it could be advising you not to be just one of the admiring masses below the other person, which, in effect, allows him to come out smelling like a rose without any challenge (and also, moves the relationship backwards--with the Knight of Cups, rx, bringing that more negative energy into things, as well.)

Actually, it may be a mixture of the two--it could be be trying to tell you to forget it, you're never going to agree on the issue, and it's best to ride way from this argument (as there are horses in both of these cards...) But with his full knowledge that he didn't "win", nor did you in the situation.

But again, the rest of the spread might color it a different hue.:)

These were only the two cards pulled .
He does not admit fault easily ........while I can be too dogmatic in trying to pin him down on such ....so I understand your comments on the 6 wands ! You are right that Pride comes into this ! As far as agree to disagree , I can do this far more easily ( unless , as above , I think he is bluffing / being evasive) than he can . He can get very impassioned over ideas and concepts .....esp . when they are backed up by logical *argument*. (Think Hierophant ) But I do challenge when I see discrepancies ! And .......there are those who applaud and admire during the rest of the week , so a really great observation on this card , thanks for alerting me !

Nineveh

Hi. I know this thread is old but I have something to offer from experience. This card came up to represent a person who was being manipulative in terms of love/emotions. The guy made an attempt at contacting a person in whom he had an interest. Instead of being straight forward and asking her out or stating his real feelings/intentions, he pretended that he was contacting her to ask about work. He had hoped to begin communication which eventually led to a date. It didn't work because she didn't play along.