Moon, Star AND Sun!

Straw_Fairy

I did a reading last night using the Celtic Cross spread. I'm still learning so although I'm familiar with the cards and recognise quite a lot of them, I'm not that skilled yet. I recognised something which I thought important, but am stuck on whether I'm right and what it might mean.

Cards:
1 - Judgement
2 - The Moon
3 - 10 of Pentacles
4 - Ace of Pentacles
5 - The Star
6 - 8 of Wands
7 - Knight of Swords
8 - The Sun
9 - 10 of Cups
10 - 2 of Swords

I'm intrigued by the fact that I have Moon, Star & Sun all in there. It seems somehow important but I can't think what/why. I'm also perplexed by the fact that the reading seems so distinctly positive, but the outcome is not.

I'd be so grateful for some insight.

jolie_amethyst

Hi Straw_Fairy, and welcome to AT!

I'm sure one of the moderators will be along shortly, but if you're posting on readings, you need to review the rules post at the top of each section; full readings should be under the Your Readings section, while discussion of only a few cards belongs here in Using Tarot Cards...but then you'll have to remove all the cards from your post that aren't being discussed. So you need to decide whether you want help with just the three cards mentioned in your title, or the whole thing. If you want help with the whole thing, just post that you want this thread moved and one of the mods will handle that for you.

Additionally--according to the rules, you need to post your own interpretations for every single card you list before any of us can assist you with ideas. This is a learning forum, and you learn best by at least giving your own skills a shot first. :)

It's also very helpful if you provide the titles for the positions you used--there are literally hundreds of Celtic Cross variants--and at least the subject area of the question you read on. A card in a career reading is going to be interpreted very differently than one in that comes up in a relationship spread.

Once you've decided whether you want help with the whole reading or just a few cards, edit your post and I'm sure you'll get responses. I have a few ideas myself, but again, we are not allowed to assist until you've posted your own interpretations of every card you list. If you're absolutely stuck on a card, check out the Tarot Meanings link at the top of the page--it's an excellent resource to start with!

All the best,
~jolie

Alta

Moderator note:

Hi Straw Fairy,

What jolie_amethyst wrote above is very complete and pretty well what I would have said, so I won't repeat.

Please edit your post and then get involved in the thread as it evolves!

Regards,
Alta
co-Moderator, Your Readings