Gilded Reverie Lenormand

cirom

There will be a companion document which will be co written by someone with considerable experience of the Lenormand. It won't attempt to teach people how to read a GT (there are already plenty of resources that address that) but it will provide an overall description along with a rational and explanation for any personal variations of note.

tarotlyn

:heart::) Cirom, i think that is the solution to the man (and woman) situation is:
...that you will have an extra set of a man and a woman card.

Putting in an extra set of the Man/Woman cards is what i had posted previously in my own Lenormand creation thread about a week ago.
(I have also put in a CAT card as well... and gave it a number #37 and the 2 of Hearts as the playing card insert.)

So, no need to look for the Rider being a man in the reading, any longer, since there will be another man card in the deck.
That way, when the rider card shows up you can read it as the 'news,' 'messages,' or 'movement' as it should be.

i think the Lenormand deck is about to explode with 'freshness' and 'new ideas' that will only improve on the old ways.

The same thing happened to tarot. And who is to say that there is a 'time limit' on 'changes' or creativity...
...changes and new ideas will come when the artist is 'inspired' from beyond!

Personally, i have been shown these 'new' cards in my dreams, so change is upon us now! :)

And as usual, most people do not like change...it is human nature...but the trail blazers, such as you, Cirom,
and myself, and many others for that matter, will follow their artistic hearts and make the much needed changes!

You go, Cirom :party:

:heart: Lyn
p.s. The much loved Lilac Twilight Lenormand has a 'woman' rider in it...

starlightexp

An extra man and extra woman are not a new thing as people have been doing that of a while now. Just like in tarot where people add whole new suits they feel compeled by their spirit guides to draw those that choose to use then can and those that don't won't. It's strange that after several hundred years tarot is still 78 cards even with all the innovations the core is still what remains. Lenormand is the same. People can add a card for Santa Clause, Their dead parrot or each sign of th zodiac. In 10 years time what will remain is still a core of 36 cards that works beautifully in predictive divination and has for over 150 years.

tarotlyn

In reply to only '36' cards:
:heart::) Yes, but my CAT card...i predict it will remain (eventually) as number '37'...

It may take awhile to change old minds...but almost everyone has a cat!
Maybe Mlle Lenormand only had a dog when she did her readings...but most here have cats...
i am still trying to figure out why on earth she left out the cat?

starlightexp

But that would be something to talk about in your thread here we are looking to comment on Ciros changes.

tarotlyn

:heart::) Yes, but i was only replying to the fact that you said that 36 cards would never change to be more.

So...yes, now, back the main topic...i agree :heart:

cirom

starlightexp, I didn't realize that the additional Man and Woman Cards to serve in Gay related readings had been done before. But I'm glad if that is the case, that way it will raise less eyebrows. Anyway I certainly didn't come up with idea, it was suggested to me on FaceBook.

As for my other changes, I really don't think they are a big deal, more a case of style rather than substance. Although I would still welcome your recommendation as to which Lenormand system is the one YOU had in mind as the "norm" that 85% new readers would prefer to use as their learning base of reference. Thats a pretty impressive statistic that I would like to take into consideration.

cirom

As with the carousel horse, I'm adding some whimsy and fantasy...... a little imagination is required, but I think the core message is still there....

Attachments

• 3 Len SHIP .jpg
    3 Len SHIP .jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 206

starlightexp

Look back in the FB forum. I asked a question back a few weeks ago. I asked people if they were using the cards based in the traditional method, a intuitive method, or if they were using contempary methods and it was overwhelmingly in the favor of traditional ways. I didn't think to break out the different schools because as it stands now all traditional schools can use the same traditional deck imagery. Which school they use would be an interesting pole but I'm not sure everyone knows their traditional meanings were pulled. It's a bit of a frenzy right now. There are new sites popping up all the time with the same meanings and the school thing would just be too much lol.

tarotlyn

:heart: :) It was June 14th, and just 27 people chose traditional, including myself because there was
no other choice for both 'traditional and intuitive'...

:heart:Lyn