The Masque Tarot - My Second Tarot Deck

blue_fusion

i've also added the lovers card. :)

kayne

I love that Lovers card Blue_Fusion! Fantastic, I love the way you do their hair. :D

Liliana

Coming along nicely there

You know what else I just realized I love? The little bit of shading in the border of the cards that makes it look like the pictures are 3d from the border hehe

:THP

blue_fusion

Liliana said:
Coming along nicely there

You know what else I just realized I love? The little bit of shading in the border of the cards that makes it look like the pictures are 3d from the border hehe

:THP

thanks for noticing. i wanted a simple border, but one that makes the images stand out. so i made it that way. :)

Kayne said:
I love that Lovers card Blue_Fusion! Fantastic, I love the way you do their hair.

yeah. but i love the way you shade, man. i don't know the first thing about that. i just played around with the shading of smoe of the cards, that's why there's no distict light source... :)

rostie

impressive!!! and special...

blue_fusion

hi. i've also added the hierophant card

Strega

Oooh! Lovely! These are all done on the computer? Or drawn and scanned? Or both? :)

P.S. Mind posting the direct source (address) of each new card (next time)? So that we (those of us in slooow modems) don't have to wait for the whole page to load? :D

blue_fusion

Strega said:
Oooh! Lovely! These are all done on the computer? Or drawn and scanned? Or both? :)

actually, both. sometimes i scan the line art for the finished image. clean it in the computer and add a few details, and colour them. sometimes i just scan the drawing for the main character, and then make a background for them in my computer (mouse-drawn). :)

Strega said:
P.S. Mind posting the direct source (address) of each new card (next time)? So that we (those of us in slooow modems) don't have to wait for the whole page to load? :D

sure thing! :)

blue_fusion

what should i do? originally, in conceiving the masque tarot, i intended that all people in the cards were to have masks, these of course as symbolisms for various aspects of life - both positive and negative, depending on the card. it was the woman in the world card who was to bare her whole face, unhidden by a mask (symbolizing transcendence), however, in doing the justice card, i thought that it would be appropriate for her (justice) not to wear a mask, since it will symbloize that justice sees through no lenses. at the same time, however, wearing a mask would symbolize that in all decisions and judgements by man, all are made with certain prejudices and preconceived notions as we all work in a certain social context or framework.

so should i let her have a mask, or not?

the draft of the card is attached...

:)

Attachments

• justicebnw.jpg
    justicebnw.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 153