Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum

Christmas pub 2

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Games & Fun

Citizen

jcwirish 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutestring View Post
hi chiska, holiday hours sound good, though a wee bit early in the morning to start

here is the ttq...it is about 8 inches square
Oh I love that Lute! I don't know how you sew those little tiny pieces! Have you ever thought about making these into spread cloths? I bet you'd sell a bunch of them. Most spread cloths are so boring!
Top   #31
Citizen

jcwirish 

Chiska, Ryan loves math! He seems to be a natural with it. My mom has said he's going to be an engineer since he was about 2. I don't get it one bit. I barely made it through geometry.
Top   #32
Embrace your inner squirrel.

Chiska 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcwirish View Post
Are you a teacher or an administrator? Sounds like a fun job. My mom is a college professor and she loves it a lot even though it's a tough and exhausting job.
I'm on the teaching side of the fence.

Lute, that is absolutely beautiful!
Top   #33
Citizen

Lutestring 

Quote:
Oh I love that Lute! I don't know how you sew those little tiny pieces! Have you ever thought about making these into spread cloths? I bet you'd sell a bunch of them. Most spread cloths are so boring!
a spreadcloth you have got to be kidding! maybe if i could sell it for $1000 and even then i'm not sure i'd really want to. my hands couldn't cope with that much sewing.
this took me about 3 times longer than one of my patchwork bags, which take about 70 hours to make...i couldn't imagine how long a spreadcloth would take. and at this point i'm thinking never again, though i'm also thinking i'd like to make a teeny tiny patchwork tarot bag for myself, in shades of green. maybe in a year or so.
there's a woman somewhere in the US who is making a king size quilt in tiny hexagons. i saw some pictures she had posted online. i don't know how long she has been doing it.
Top   #34
Citizen

jcwirish 

Quote:
a spreadcloth you have got to be kidding! maybe if i could sell it for $1000 and even then i'm not sure i'd really want to. my hands couldn't cope with that much sewing.
this took me about 3 times longer than one of my patchwork bags, which take about 70 hours to make...i couldn't imagine how long a spreadcloth would take. and at this point i'm thinking never again, though i'm also thinking i'd like to make a teeny tiny patchwork tarot bag for myself, in shades of green. maybe in a year or so.
there's a woman somewhere in the US who is making a king size quilt in tiny hexagons. i saw some pictures she had posted online. i don't know how long she has been doing it.
What about making it with bigger hexagons?
Top   #35
Citizen

Lutestring 

Quote:
What about making it with bigger hexagons?
that is a possibility, and actually something i had been thinking about
i've got a quilt which i really should finish making though. i got sidetracked by tarot bags two years ago, and i need to get back to it. oh, it is in bigger hexagons
Top   #36
Citizen

jcwirish 

Quote:
that is a possibility, and actually something i had been thinking about
i've got a quilt which i really should finish making though. i got sidetracked by tarot bags two years ago, and i need to get back to it. oh, it is in bigger hexagons
I think it's an excellent idea! And I want to see this quilt when you finish it someday.
Top   #37
Citizen

baylys 

Quote:
Well, here's what I'm thinking... My mom has a printer at her school that can handle card stock. If I can print the fronts of the cards on the same card stock I used to make the cards, I can easily paint the backs and do the skeleton key stamp. Then, I can cut them and spray laminate them myself. It won't be hard or expensive.

The thing is, you'll get a deck that is very "homemade". It will be like mine, chunky and old fashioned really. I personally like that. It shuffles great hand over hand, but you can't do a regular shuffle really. I have a great idea for the packaging too.

It would be my way of letting you guys know how much this place means to me, and I would really like to do it if I can make it work. I love this place and all the folks here. It's very important to me, and I'd like to show my appreciation. I just hope I can make it work.
Oh, honey! That is an awful lot of work for you. It would make the deck 100x more special. If there is anything we can do to help, please let us know.
Top   #38
Citizen

baylys 

Quote:
I think it's an excellent idea! And I want to see this quilt when you finish it someday.
Me too!!! I couldn't see the pic of the teeny tiny hex you posted just before. It wouldn't show.

ETA: managed to view it. WOW!!! Very impressive!
Top   #39
Citizen

jcwirish 

Quote:
Originally Posted by baylys View Post
Oh, honey! That is an awful lot of work for you. It would make the deck 100x more special. If there is anything we can do to help, please let us know.
This is the kind of work I truly enjoy doing. I think I'll only make about 15 to 20 copies. Again, I don't even know if it'll work anyway, but I'm excited about trying anyway.
Top   #40

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2019 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.