PsyCards

Chronata

WaterQueene...
I love hearing that you use the Psycards professionally! They really are a beutiful deck for very personal and emotional questions. I love that the reading can be quite intense, and at the same time so simple! I like to put these cards in the catagory of the "Ah-ha!" decks...
Ones that make complex situations of ego and personality so easy to understand.

I used to use these professionally, but I have not for a long time, as other oracle decks have slowly replaced them...but it is nice to come back to them once in a while!

I was actually thinking of them strongly today, and then I found this thread! It was during a search for the LWB that came with this deck because it has a nice simple spread in it that works great for other oracles as well.

luna...so what's stopping ya! :D This is a really great deck...not to mention really beautiful too. I am sooo certain that you will like this deck, that I am willing to bet money on it!!:D :D

lunakasha

Chronata said:
luna...so what's stopping ya! :D This is a really great deck...not to mention really beautiful too. I am sooo certain that you will like this deck, that I am willing to bet money on it!!:D :D

Oooooh how interesting.....
how much you wanna wager, Chronie-girl??? :D

It is a bet I would lose I'm sure....I have been lusting after these cards for MANY months now....really, what AM I waiting for????

:D Luna

lunakasha

Well, Chronie my friend....I FINALLY got them!!! :D

Just received in the mail today....have not played with them yet but they are very nice!!!

Also....the latest word on the companion book is that US Games will be releasing it in the fall.... ;)

I was surprised to see on this thread that rumors of this book have been floating for over a YEAR now....let's hope it becomes available soon!!!

:) Luna

Chronata

Yay! :D Really happy to hear you finally got yourself a deck of these, Luna!

Aren't they cool?

I too am looking forward to a companion book...because, as you can see...other than the one spread in there that I like...the LWB is rather useless.

For a while I was experimenting with using different oracle decks in one spread...and I discovered that the Psycards and the Madame Endora work really well together...
I think of thier relationship as being like sisters...the Endora cards are high school age...just getting real interested in gothic, Wicca, the occult and faeries...
and the Psycards are like her older college aged sis...whose been through all that stuff already and now majors in Psychology.

Ok...I'm weird that way... :)

tinkerbell

psycards continued!

still waiting for my psycards to arrive but have been reading with interest, theother psycards threads. i just managed to find a copy of "language of the psycards" on amazon.co.uk today ( by berenice watt), i believe she is quite an authority on the psycards and runs seminars on them in england! i'm pleased to have found this as i will now have this and the nick hobson book to help me get to know my cards. it's great to hear that others find them inspiring to work and read withand even to mix with madame endoras! hmmm, might have to give that one a try! love to you all, wendy x

tinkerbell

at last, my psycards have arrived!!!

hi all, wendy here, i finally received my psycards pack (book and deck), on tuesday, and i'm pleased to say, i'm not disappointed! seriously they have become a real distraction! i also received my first tarot deck, (robin wood)& some tarot books in the same post and haven't really devoted much time to them (due tothe enormity of the task i guess!). i recommend psycards to you all, even my sister wants to order some now and shes not really interested in this stuff like i am!what are you waiting for!! love wendy.

lunakasha

Hey Wendy!!!

You were so excited about the PsyCards, you posted three times, LOL!!!! :p

I wonder if you could tell us more about the book.....
I do not have it yet, just the LWB that comes with the cards, which does not provide much info....

Have not read with mine yet....too many distractions lately.....
but I do enjoy looking at them, the colorful artwork is great!!!

:D Luna

tinkerbell

psycards book

the psycards book i got with the pack is by the original creator, nick hobson. he starts by telling us how he came upon the idea for them and then devotes 2-3 pages on each card, including a photo. prior to this there are some short chapters about the tarot, symbols and the 6 groups within the deck. the card by card section is simple but informative, with keywords and thought prompts at the end of each card. at the end of the book are a few pages about randomness and using the cards to ask questions, followed by some sample spreads and a case history. if you want some more info about the individual cards and dont want to get the book, there is another way to learn a bit more. if you tap in" star temple" into your search engine, one of the options you'll get is for a psychic readings service. they're featuring psycards at the moment ,and you can ask a question and they'll answer with one of the cards. it's free, fun and all relevant info. let me know if you find it! i suppose it's a good way for people to take a peek without actually comitting themselves to buying! love wendy.

deva

Thanks twmr1966 - I searched and the actual link is:

http://www.startemple.com/startemple2/asp/psycards.asp

It's funny - I've got the Psycards but thought I'd click for a reading (no question) and it came up with the Work card - and that is so relevant in my life right now - and especially how I'm feeling today!!

Glass Owl

I am so glad that I found this old thread. I found the free 1-card online Psycard readings at a new url...

http://www.startemple.com/psycards.html

I just picked up these and I can't wait to use them. I wish I had the book to go with them though.