PsyCards

MareSaturni

greatdane said:
OK, so you do your spread, you get answers, how often to you feel the spread "good" for? Week, Month, Year? When do you usually do another spread? I've been doing about every 10 days to two weeks. Or is that just confusing to some? Do you do less often? I do the vital seven always, as that's just my favorite.

Well... that's not only with Psycards, but with tarot and other oracles as well. It depends on the spread itself. The Playing Card Oracles "main" spread shows about four weeks (it has 4 cards - one card for every week). The Horseshoe Spread, used with the tarot cards, the "near future" is about 2 weeks and the "distant future" is about 4-6 weeks.

Take the spread you like and see how comprehensive it is... and start noticing how long it takes for the things it shows to take shape. It takes a little experimenting, a journal might be handy to keep note of time. Then determine more or less for how long the spread is valid.

Also, it's important to keep in mind that if you ask for determined timing (like "how will this develop in the next two weeks?"), it influences the reading too.

There's no easy answer, i'm afraid? It's either experimenting or giving the reading a timing while asking the question, to give it an "expiration date" of a sorts :)

greatdane

Thanks, Marina!

But oooh how handy it would be if there WAS a time limit sometimes :))

jackdaw*

I've flirted off and on with the idea of getting this deck for a while now. I finally placed an order. Don't know how we'll I will work with them, but I find myself drawn to oracles more lately, as my wishlist attests.

greatdane

Hey Jackdaw!

I just did another Vital Spread with psycards and it's the easiest for me to read from (compared to tarot, but that's particularly because of way psy is set up and there's less cards). I have no desire for another oracle right now. You know the saying, if it ain't broke.......:))

Let me know how it's working for you, ok?!

GD