360 degrees of wisdom - where to buy in Australia?

hazlit

I would really like to buy the book and cards '360 Degrees of Wisdom' by Lynda Hill from an Australian source. On Lynda's website it shows Amazon as the seller... I've done a fairly comprehensive online search for Australian sellers but have come up with zero. Fishpond lists it as currently unavailable, as do several other Australian sellers. Could anyone help me with this? Thanks in advance xx

AJ

just giving your thread a little bump back to the top.

Welcome to AT!

Edited to add, I see you are a subscriber, you can go to the trading forum and put up a thread saying you are seeking this, that very often ends well for all parties, we have tons of Australians here at AT

faunabay

I've heard from other people that it's out of print for the moment but Lynda has said there's another printing coming out shortly. So if you can't find one now, they will be widely available soon. :)

Elven

replied by PM ...

Welcome to AT! and to Sabian Symbols!! :D

Cheers
Elven

AJ

not off topic, just rebumping for our new friend ;)

elven, do you use those spiritless red and blue cards? I'd use my set more if my tools had some kind of life to them.

Elven

Ah AJ, I was just looking for a pic of the Sabian Symbols I make - Ive got a few different types - some glass discs and cards ... my original Sabian Symbol cards were handmade by Lynda Hill when she very first started with the Sabian Symbols - I'll get a pick of them - they're so worn and buckled now, but they work perfect. I have cornered my red/blue cards to round them off, but I dont use them often ...

I found a picture of the Astrology stones I make - I add to this a set of more glass beads (in another colour and same size) and they're marked sometimes in normal numbers like 1,2,3 etc - or in roman numerals - or in dots and lines.

sorry, if I find a full set photo I'll post it - or I'll get the set out and take a pic.
Here are the astrology symbols:
http://www.tarotforum.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=8300

These are larger clear ones which are then put with 30 smaller discs.
http://www.tarotforum.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=8299

I mentioned this download I made to add to the Symbols if anyone is interested in it - its the Sabian Symbols correlation chart - it can be found here:
http://www.tarotforum.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=12829

Cheers
Elven x

cardlady22

The book talks about using playing cards. Just choose 2 different novelty decks that have pics you like. Or grab a pack of computer printer business cards and draw a set of your own.
ETA: stickers or stamps at a craft store?

You can also try role-play gamer's dice.
Astrology Dice by Koplow Games has one for Signs (black with white symbols)
http://www.elfdragon.com/dice/d30.html (for the degrees)

BodhiSeed

AJ, I do what cardlady suggested - I've got a 12 sided die and a 30 sided die I use. Works great.:D

Hazlit, I got my book from Ebay; you might try there if you don't have any luck finding it elsewhere.

hazlit

thank you thank you thank you!!!!

Wow thank you every one: AJ, faunabay, Elven, cardlady22 and bodhran!!!

What a wonderful response and lovely welcome to this magnificent site :) :) :)

I had no idea all of these posts were here... I'm a bit too new at the game - I somehow thought I'd ticked something that would notify me of any replies to my post. I mustn't have, or... the message may have been hiding in plain sight (ohhhh I do need to look past the end of my nose sometimes!!)

Elven those glass discs are absolutely beeeoootiful!!! I am standing here in awe. Glorious handiwork! I've saved the Degree Correlations too - another piece of brilliant work :)

Thanks for the bump, AJ :) I am feeling very supported here :)

Faunabay I'm going to take your advice and maybe wait a bit longer for that new printing to come out. See what happens. I'm a bit impatient (Aries rising) so I'll see what unfolds...

Once I get the book I'll be looking at the options you've offered, cardlady & bodhran :) Will be checking eBay ASAP. This is very exciting! Much love to you for your kindnesses.

Namaste all! {(~_~)} - the Universe provides in such AWESOME ways!

AJ

Thank you for the correlations Elven, and sharing the beautiful stones. They look engraved, are they? I've got some of those I can use...I think MCSea sent me an image of hers is why I'd gotten them, then forgot about it.

I choose something new to learn each year, perhaps 2011 will be the Sabian Symbols :)